Oct
DJ Mehdi – Red, Black & Blue Posted by: Nate in Electronic

DJ Mehdi‘s remix album Red, Black & Blue is set to drop November 2nd and its jam packed with some great tune. Some of them have obviously been released before, but a few I’m just now seeing for the first time. All the remixes are mixed together which is actually kinda nice. It’ll definitely be worth grabbing and throwing it on in your car for a long drive.

Tracklist:
1. DJ Mehdi – Red, Black & Blue
2. Busy P feat. Murs – To Protect And Entertain (DJ Mehdi Remix)
3. Joakim – Oleg Dans Les Bois (DJ Mehdi Remix)
4. Dj Mehdi feat. Fafi – Lucky Girl
5. Etienne de Crecy – Out of My Hands (DJ Mehdi Remix)
6. Staygold – Justify (DJ Mehdi Remix)
7. David Rubato – Circuit (‘The Party’ Mix)
8. New Young Pony Club – Ice Cream (DJ Mehdi Remix)
9. Holy Ghost! – I Will Come Back (DJ Mehdi Remix)
10. Sam Sparro – 21st Century Life (DJ Mehdi Remix)
11. Architecture in Helsinki – In Case We Die (DJ Mehdi Remix)
12. Seb Martel – Serge Dylan (DJ Mehdi Remix)
13. Chromeo – Waiting For You (DJ Mehdi Remix) (192 kbps)

14. Sebastien Tellier – Oh Malheur chez O’Malley (DJ Mehdi Remix) (192 kbps)

15. Steed Lord – Dirty Mutha (DJ Mehdi Remix)
16. Santigold – Lights Out (DJ Mehdi Remix)
17. Cassius – Feeling For You (DJ Mehdi Remix)
18. Manu Key – Si Tu Savais (DJ Mehdi Remix)
19. CSS – Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex (DJ Mehdi Remix)

Tagged as: , , ,

• jonas October 6, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Nate, I find it disturbing that you ended commenting on the discussion about sharing mp3s in 320 without the artists permission.

To dispel other people’s comments- Beatport IS a place where music is released almost always internationally, the cases where tracks are released outside North America are relatively rare.

The obsessive posting of this music is really hurting us. Labels try to offer free mp3s, allow people to listen to tracks in a number of different ways, but people always seem to want the whole thing, right away. We get into cycles of consumption where it only takes a few days to digest something and move onto new things. Blogs like this are especially self-destructive that way.

I’m just writing to say that i don’t think the discussion on providing tons of leaked 320 mp3s is over. I think it’s only going to get worse, and bigger, and more fuckin’ crazy. And I’ve noticed that you’re silent about it. What do you have to say? How do you justify this shit?

• jonas October 6, 2009 at 8:04 pm

also, guess what bitch – i see you on tweeterville and i’m not amused

• Nate October 6, 2009 at 8:09 pm

“I find it disturbing that you ended commenting on the discussion about sharing mp3s in 320 without the artists permission. ”

You find it disturbing that I ended a conversation that was completely off topic and was only turning into a flame war?

“Let me assure you personally that it as an absolute shit time to be making electronic music financially.”

Maybe you aren’t getting enough exposure for your music? Have you tried having your tracks blogged? It actually works quite well.

“The obsessive posting of this music is really hurting us.”

Really? Do you have any kind of data from artists that are losing revenue from blogs?

“I’m just writing to say that i don’t think the discussion on providing tons of leaked 320 mp3s is over.”

You’re right it’s definitely not over, but unless I make a specific post on it, I won’t have you spamming up every damn post on my site with your obsessive ranting.

• jonas October 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm

• Nate October 6, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Haha, you know, I almost believed you for a second.

But sadly your last 2 ip address reveal that you live in Canada and since Fake Blood aka Theo Keating happens to be in the UK right now doing several shows, I know you’re full of shit. So now you’re getting a ban for pretending to be Fake Blood. Have a nice day.

• Sooty October 8, 2009 at 5:23 pm

can you at least address why you do what you do? and how it helps the artists?

• totally October 9, 2009 at 12:46 am

Jonas seems a bit of a blowhard, but I agree with Sooty. How does what you do help these people?

• cjmilli October 11, 2009 at 1:00 pm

DJs like Fake Blood make a SHIT TON of money when they play live… it makes me so angry when people act like their mp3 sales are their main source of income. If you’re making good music, then you’re definitely getting paid!

• Rena October 12, 2009 at 5:35 am

Nate dont listen to those lame post, i check ur blog for a time, and some of the artist u post ive never heard about them before, so my guess is that u helpin them. Great blog nate keep it up

• Sooty October 12, 2009 at 6:28 pm

of course touring helps provide income for these artists but mp3s help fill the gap when they arent… theres always going to be downtime in between tours.

• Nate October 12, 2009 at 6:43 pm

“theres only a very small percentage of top artists like mstrkrft, justice, fake blood that make a heap from touring but what about the rest?”

The rest? Do you see “the rest” being posted here? I mainly deal with major artists anyway. Look at the tag cloud on the right and tell me which artists would be considered “the rest”

“you would have a more presentable case without paying ads on your blog… you make money from other peoples work”

I really laughed out loud at this. First off, It’s ONE bloody ad in the footer. Second, it was really just a test when I put up the new theme and I haven’t taken it down yet. Third, do you even know how much money the ad brings in? Of course not so I’ll show you.

Edit: Apparently for legal reasons I can’t show you how much I made from adsense, but it wasn’t enough to buy a bag of chips.

• Evan October 13, 2009 at 8:44 am

Thats fucking jokes! lol

• Sooty October 13, 2009 at 7:25 pm

owned

• fluid frank October 16, 2009 at 8:27 am

I believe that it is a good thing to share music, even for small do it yourself up and coming artists like myself, it gets your music out to the people who probably won’t have heard it either-wise. File sharing is here to stay so as artists we are going to have to find ways to work with it and not against it. Check out my music at http://www.fluidmindsmusic.com for free music.

• Sooty October 17, 2009 at 11:57 pm

missed the point frank and ill pass on your music

what I was trying to say is yes sharing is great, giving away the best quality versions so people dont have to buy it isnt so great