Feb
Major Lazer – Sound of Siren Posted by: Nate in Electronic

I’m sure most of you have heard the news by now that Major Lazer (aka Diplo & Switch) is releasing a new EP in April. Along with a new song called Sound of Siren that features M.I.A. and Busy Signal, the EP also includes a Thom Yorke remix of Jump Up. He’s certainly the last person I’d expect to see doing a Major Lazer remix, but his remix of DOOM’s (how lame is it that he dropped the MF from his name?!) Gazzillion Ear wasn’t too bad so I’m willing to give him a shot.

Major Lazer Feat. M.I.A. & Busy Signal – Sound of Siren (160 kbps)

Tracklist:

1. Sound of Siren (Feat. M.I.A. & Busy Signal)
2. Good Enough (Feat. Colliebudz and Lindi Rrtega)
3. Cant Stop Now (Kicks Like A Mule Remix Feat. Ms Banks)
4. Bruk Out (Buraka Som Sistema Mix)
5. Jump Up (Thom Yorke Remix)

Tagged as: , ,

• Pablo @ February 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Don’t think it’s all that shocking that Thom Yorke would appear on a Major Lazer EP. If you ever visit Radiohead’s blog, you’ll notice Thom always drops some reggae/dancehall style tunes on his playlists, which I suppose Major Lazer still qualifies as.

• yawn February 11, 2010 at 9:37 pm

sound of snoring

• Inq February 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Thom Yorke remixed MF Doom?!? Anyone know where I can find a link to download it?

• Borat February 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

sound of prolixity

• X February 12, 2010 at 8:57 pm

trying too hard. not my cup of tea

• Don D February 19, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is FIRE! The only dance floor competition for Major Lazer might be B.B.U. That is true how lame it is that Doom dropped the MF, but it is because he is fake as shit now. Born into this was great, but he plays his fans and rarely actually performs at shows anymore; he just sends imposters wearing masks and costumes. I was there @ MJQ in Atlanta, which wasnt him and also at Rock The Bells, another state , but still an imposter… I think MF must stand for “Mostly Fake”….