May
Hey Hey (Crookers Remix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Okay, I’ve been listening to this track for a few days now and I’ve finally made up my mind to post it. I know a lot of people who’ve jumped off the Crookers bandwagon since they stopped making their signature banger productions and started focusing on a slightly deeper/weirder sound found a lot more in their most recent remixes. For what it’s worth this remix isn’t bad at all. I’d even go so far as to say it’s quite good. But with each new Crookers remix I hold out a little bit of hope for something to truly blow me away like it used to… I’m almost out of hope.

Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Crookers Remix) (320 kbps) (Removed by request)

• Nnnyeaa May 6, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I know where you’re coming from, I used to listen to E.P.istola non-stop and now there are parts of Tons of Friends that I can’t even sit through once. To be honest though its probably a good direction for them to keep trying new things. Otherwise they just become kind of weak caricatures of themselves, like the Beetroots before Death Crew. Plus their sets still tear shit up!

• South African Scum May 6, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I’m actually pretty happy with their new style. Sure, you probably won’t find any more planet-sized drops in their new stuff, and Tons of Friends might be a bit more poppy, but they’re actually making music that they want to make and I’ll always support that. Plus, I’ve personally been getting kind of bored of this tribal/Afrojack/Pon de Floor fidget trend anyway :/

• Nate May 6, 2010 at 7:29 pm

@South African Scum

Definitely. I don’t have a problem with their new style at all. I’m just gonna miss their old stuff.

• South African Scum May 6, 2010 at 9:09 pm

true dat

• Alex May 7, 2010 at 1:22 am

yeah i was pretty disappointed in most of this new, minimalist anti-banger stuff – not that it’s bad, it’s just not what i expect from them. i thought maybe they lost their touch, but “we love animals” (the song) changed my mind. i still have some hope.

• Kenny May 7, 2010 at 6:28 am

Just make another Don Rimini remix and u got all ur fans back :D

• FellowChives May 7, 2010 at 6:45 am

I like their new style, it’s pretty cool and more relaxing.

• jonekk May 7, 2010 at 12:06 pm

I really miss their old stuff, and I really dont care about their new releases, crookers was all about fun and be happy, but since tons of friends, I just dont like that style, its so boring, I would not like to see live shows playing that kind of style

• jimmy May 7, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I haven’t liked anything they’ve done since Love To Edit or their Summertime remix. & they are absolutely atrocious live.

• Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Crookers Remix) | We Blast Out May 7, 2010 at 6:00 pm

[...] via Chemical Jump (320 kbps) [...]

• Michael Washington May 8, 2010 at 2:26 am

for what it’s worth, saw them pre weird style year ago and then saw them last month at ultra and their sets are still mind blowing

• Lucas B (Plaisir du Plaisir) May 8, 2010 at 7:14 am

I really do like your blog ! Keep on the good work =)