Aug
Concertmate (Bobermann Remix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Busy P said this in an interview recently:

“We all have to understand that this stuff with acts like The Bloody Beetroots that is happening all around the world right now, it’s not dance music anymore,”

Are you sure about that, Pedro? Sounds to me like he’s still making damn good dance music.

Alan 1 – Concertmate (Bobermann Remix) (192 kbps)

Pick up the full 320 on Beatport.

Tagged as: , ,

• Hypethembeats August 13, 2010 at 9:57 am

It’s finally been dropped!! THANK YOU NATE! YOU SEXY… (Fill in yourself)

• Fuzzhead August 13, 2010 at 10:15 am

This is the best song Bob has produced in a while.

• fake_truth August 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

Finally bombermann starts creating good, well mastered music. Bloody Beetroots is kind of music for teenagers on drugs, who think they are punks :/

But this is good >)

• tommy tea August 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

i dunno i think P was more referring to the punk atmosphere of Death Crew 77, and the “electronoise” that has come to define, in a way, more mainstream electronic dance music.
    however, this is excellent.

• rico August 13, 2010 at 11:24 am

I kinda thought that since its everywhere now, its more like pop music…not just dance music.

• jimmy August 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Busy P is being a bitch. Not dance music?

Dubstep is not dance music.

• Mook August 13, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Might be me, but i totally dont digg it

• DSCO August 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

wow, i didn’t not expect this. this is fantastic.

• Audiodroid August 13, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Not the future of dance music? Surely if we are all making it and throwing it down then it IS dance music, it doesn’t matter if some don’t like it – that’s how a scene starts. When Jungle first broke from Rave there was an outcry but, 17 years on Drum & Bass has proved that it’s possible to subvert and twist a scene or genre to make it new and unclaimed – then you claim it. Remember peeps without breakaway scenes then we’d have no: Trip-Hop, Folktronica, Breaks, Tech-House, Fidget, Grime, Dubcore (and, I must say, Dubstep… Whatever you think it’s a real movement now!), anything with Autotune and “Gangsta” rap (whatever that is..!). Without the breakaways and hybrids the scene would have gone the way of metal years ago but innovation is the key – keep breeding the music and the world will keep listening!

• Audiodroid August 13, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Oh, I forgot to say…

TUUUNNNEEE!!!!! This is an opener if ever there was!

• Pablo @ August 13, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Nice tune, but I ask myself if Chromeo or say some smaller Disco/House act like Treasure Fingers or The Phantom’s Revenge had put out this same exact track, would most of you “like” this track as much as you do?

• bOT August 13, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Personally, I used to love BBR when they used to create dance tracks like this one, totally hate the Death Crew concept I find it too noisy, its good to see the BBR getting back to their roots.

• xavbi August 13, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Busy P is right. Beetroots are & have been shit for a couple months now the shit they’ve been coming up with isn’t dance music! its pure shit. For dance music you need real dj’s like Boys Noize among others.

• br4d August 13, 2010 at 4:40 pm

music you can dance to, is dance music…

• Transmita August 13, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Bobermann =/= The Bloody Beetroots. I don’t think it’s fair to use the two interchangeably. Two different sounds, two different projects.

• Jeroen August 13, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Hhaha nice 1 :P ,, but most of there acts aren’t relay dance/techno :/ but still thee make good dance music ,, LOVE THE SONG

• Caspar August 13, 2010 at 8:41 pm

hahaha that quote is a touch out of context. I read the whole interview and Busy P is talking about the whole electronoise/punk scene that the Beetroots have bought on, and advocating a move away from music that makes kids jump up and down and towards more funky music that makes people dance. The example he gave was Do Do Do by Carte Blanche

• IGGZ August 13, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Bot, do you realise Bob’s “roots” were never the 07 distortion he used to put out. He grew up with classical and punk music, so the DC77 concept is completely justified and it’s 100x better than them dicking about on cdj’s because they’re pretty fucking shit dj’s anyway. I’ve been a massive fan of the Beetroots quite literally since their Don’t Let Your Washing Machine Speak!! CD came about. However, I’m not brainwashed by this fucking Warp and Awesome craze that everyones into. I think the hate doesn’t really originate from the Beetroots themselves, but just the fact that the mainstream provides a gateway to underground music which obviously sets alarm bells off for everybody, so just blame them for their exposure, which is completely cool I’m not happy that they’ve done a MOS compilation and shit like that, but I honestly think the productions, aside from a few shit ones recently, haven’t taken a turn for the worse such as Guetta or something. As for Busy P, what a clown he is seriously. I’ve seen him live and he plays their tracks, and loads of other grindy electro shit which I think is piss, yet now, when people move away from the Banger noise, he tries to re-invent his own image in hope to stay at the forefront of the new wave of dance music. Carte Blanche? That project was pretty exciting, but Gare Du Nord is hardly anything innovative.

• Primitive August 13, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Song is DOOOPE check the whole ministry mixtape between the bbr and ashton shuffle SOOO dooopeee. this song by far one of the best off them dont forget to check the BLOODY BEETROOTS ARE POSTING NEW TOUR DATES DAILT IN THE US!!!! NYC OCT. 15th!!

• Dear Bob, I’ve missed you. August 14, 2010 at 7:09 am

[...] Chemical Jump. It sure has been a while since anything good came from this man. Ok, the Domino EPs were decent, [...]

• Zetabot August 14, 2010 at 9:36 am

The Bloody Beetroots are helping to renovate the dance. Music with life, with something different, like in their moment were the Prodigy, the Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk.

• Anthony August 14, 2010 at 9:37 am

this isn’t necessarily BBR getting back to their roots but it is getting back to dance music and that is really where their talent lies. Bob Rifo is way too cocky he needs to realise what he’s been doing for the past year and a half has been utter shit and that he isn’t the musical prodigy he thinks he is.

• shadowox8 August 14, 2010 at 10:12 am

I vouch tommy tea.

• Skittles August 14, 2010 at 11:04 am

I love the Bobermann remixes now more than actual BBR remixes. Maybe I just love Bobermann.

• Patrick August 15, 2010 at 12:28 am

Sounds Louis La Roche-y. I digg it.

• Stirlume August 15, 2010 at 3:08 am

Mannn, You guys sure can bitch about artists being or not being some/nothing. It’s always same patern!!!Good Underground artist pop’s up=>early birds like them, Good underground artist becomes popular=>Early birds call them mainstream and start bitching about their evolution. In the end I respect them who still dance and crave their music from back to back knowing they were there in the beginning. Regardless if their music is on every 16year old boy/girl. This is not meant as an attack more as a mindplay.

• Malte August 15, 2010 at 7:08 am

I really love this track, much better than the later death crew 77 stuff. keep on makin this music!

• ThriveOnEgo August 15, 2010 at 8:59 am

not the usual beetroots stuff i like. a bit too disco for me

• satan August 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm

death crew 77 is the bloody beetroots remembering thier roots and giving dance music their personal twist on it, and everything anyone has to say about this isnt wrong cause this is all your own opinion, just as busy p’s perception is on the bloody beetroots

and jimmy, call busy p a bitch again and im gunna make sure you, hitler, and justin beaber all share a bed hell!

• griffin scillian August 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I completely with chemical jump on this one. busy is just sour cause he is like so last wave. i think some of the best dance music of the last 10 years ahve incorporated elements of other non dance specific genres. its not even really new but it leads to new stuff. i love the punk and post punk influence on electro house and fidget.

• erick manuel August 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm

BLOODY BEETROOTS IS OUT

PEOPLE WHO GO TO NIGHTCLUBS WANNA DANCE AND I THINK TBB DOESNT MAKE DANCE MUSIC, IN FACT THEY MAKE NOISY MUSIC WHICH IS DIFFERENT, TBB IS BORING, ELECTRO IS BORING

• Fuzzhead August 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Ok wait so this is a stupid question, but what exactly is Death Crew 77? I’ve got a pretty good idea myself, but I haven’t found anything online that says for sure. Is it really just The Bloody Beetroots, plus one more guy, playing live Bloody Beetroots songs (that’s what I heard)? Because if it is, that’s really dumb. Even if they aren’t that great of DJ’s, I’d rather see them DJ any day.

• Fuzzhead August 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm

• Fuzzhead August 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm

don’t know why that posted twice…

• Wallace August 20, 2010 at 7:20 am

@ Pablo

I wouldn’t exactly call Treasure Fingers small. I think he’s pretty well known in the electronic music community especially if you follow disco even a little bit.

• August Chart | Chemical Jump September 1, 2010 at 10:06 am

[...] Chart1Sep Posted by: Nate in Charts, Electronic1. Clockwork – Airflow (Valerna Remix) 2. Alan 1 – Concertmate (Bobermann Remix) 3. Reset! – My Trunk (Original Mix) 4. Kylie Minogue – Get Outta My Way (BeatauCue [...]

• Kellen September 9, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Great track, was not expecting this at all.