Sep
Remix Monday #3 Posted by: Nate in Dubstep, Electronic, Remix Monday

Welcome back again to Remix Monday! This week everyone was tasked with remixing Swedish House Mafia’s Leave The World Behind and I’ve picked the best of the best remixes below.

Being that this is a massive House track I was more than a little surprised to hear this amazing dubstep remix come in. I may be a little biased towards dubstep after listening to Udachi’s Guest Mix last week, but you just can’t ignore how good this is.

Swedish House Mafia & Laidback Luke – Leave The World Behind (Vonka Remix) (320 kbps)

This next remix is another one that stood out for me because of the change to the melody. It’s a bit different, but it just sounds right.

Swedish House Mafia & Laidback Luke – Leave The World Behind (Zaturn Remix) (320 kbps)

And here’s one more remixy By Captured By Kings that I was really digging.

Swedish House Mafia – Leave The World Behind (Captured By Kings Remix) (192 kbps)

If you want to listen to more of the remixes just head over to Remixmonday.com

Now as you know I’ve created Remixmonday.com for submitting tracks, but some people have experenced problems uploading on there, so you won’t be required to upload your track on remixmonday.com for it to be entered. Sending them to my SoundCloud or email will still work. Remixmonday.com will be more of a place for everyone to see your finished work and for people to vote on your track (my top picks aren’t based on how many votes you get).

With that said, this week you’ll be remixing… Beastie Boys – Sabotage! I thought I’d see how you all could handle a remixing a song that wasn’t straight electro or house. Grab the stems below and get to work!

Beastie Boys – Sabotage Stems (Zip 34mb)

Tagged as: , ,

• KeRTi September 13, 2010 at 11:09 am

Captured By Kinds -> Captured By Kings :]

• Nate September 13, 2010 at 11:11 am

Proofread the damn thing 3 times and I still missed something.. blah!

• TheHamsterC September 13, 2010 at 11:34 am

Conserning the Zaturn remix.. what dance song does the main xylophone-type-melody reseble?

• Nick September 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Wow Vonka just killed it! Definitly! Man I Luv Dubstep!

• JOSH September 13, 2010 at 1:24 pm

yaaaaa! the zaturn one is totally the xylophone thingy from show me the night!

• Soney September 13, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Kind of unfair I reckon. Do the remixes on remixmonday.com even get considered for the win? Not a single one made it into your list. I don’t think everyone likes trying his best in a competition if he doesn’t even know who he is competing against. Furthermore everyone could download the remixes on remix monday for free, whilst the winning tracks weren’t available for anyone…

• Nate September 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm

@Soney
    “Do the remixes on remixmonday.com even get considered for the win? Not a single one made it into your list.”

Yes, all the remixes on Remixmonday.com are considered. I had those and 24 more to listen to that were submitted to my soundcloud that you didn’t even see.

“Furthermore everyone could download the remixes on remix monday for free, whilst the winning tracks weren’t available for anyone…”

Do you not see the links below the SoundCloud players? Those are mp3s for you to download…

• ntgn September 13, 2010 at 2:45 pm

oh hell yeah beastie boys.

should be fun+interesting.

• iShotPix September 13, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I’m in love with the 1st track!

• Soney September 13, 2010 at 3:17 pm

@Nate: Sure i see them. Now i do. :-)
    But before today there were no links to download them whereas the ones on remixmonday.com were there for everyone to listen to and download. I’ not saying you made the wrong choice, which would be ridiculous. But it just seems that circumstances are not the same for everyone entering the competition.

• Nate September 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Sorry you missed them, but they’ve been up the whole time…

• Bässturd September 13, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I’m really diggin that dub track; nice to see you’re expanding your tastes, Nate!

and my boy Soney got pwnd, then tried to brown nose your way out – stop bitchin dude lol

• Gimmick Mask September 15, 2010 at 11:21 pm

The dubstep remix is really sick indeed. Definitely going to play that out.

• NickrLok September 20, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Ahhh the dub track sent chills down my back….

Perfect… just perfect.