Sep
Percolator (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #11) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Now, I have to be honest like I always am. The Major Lazer remix of Percolator didn’t blow me away at all. Yes, I heard it on a big sound system and not shitty iPod headphones, but for me it just wasn’t there. And while I’m not in love with Dada Life‘s remix either, it has a lot more potential to grow on my over time than Major Lazer’s remix. I guess what I’m really trying to say is that I strongly dislike Minimal.

Cajmere – Percolator (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #11) (320 kbps)

P.S. If you’re going to see Dada Life in El Paso on Friday @ Club 101, look out for me in the Chemical Jump t-shirt. I’ll probably give you some free stickers.

Tagged as: ,

• Kev September 28, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Riva Starr remix is the best by far

• Jason September 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm

It’s all about the riva star remix. this dada life remix isn’t good at all.

• Fandeath September 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm

“The Major Lazer remix of Percolator didn’t blow me at all.”

I hate it when songs refuse to blow me too man!

• felix bernal September 28, 2010 at 10:56 pm

dude i think i saw u in el pasoo when bart b more or felix cartal came and you had your chemical jump t shirt i thought they were for sale :(( you were next to the click click bang guy

• Nate September 28, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Yep! that was me when Bart B More came. Hope to see you there on Friday!

• Bassturd September 29, 2010 at 10:00 am

See, I hear your argument Nate, and I’ll have to argue that not only was the Major Lazer remix not minimal – it was fire. That first drop is killer and set the dance floor stupid 2 nights ago when I got grimy hands on it, you know? The Guerrilla Fart keeps true to the original, but still gives it a Dadaist feel.

Dada Life – 3.5/5
    Major Lazer – 4/5

1 love,
    Bässturd

• Anthony September 29, 2010 at 11:02 am

I thought Major Lazor’s remix took a bit of a risk and it impressed me. Its just not in your face and maybe not made for the dance floor but that doesn’t mean its not a good song. The one criticism I have of Major Lazor is they have to put their name in their songs just so we know they made it.
    This remix doesn’t really get interesting until 2/3′s of the way in for me. Until half way its pretty much the original which I find to be a really annoying beat.

• oscar September 29, 2010 at 11:12 am

fuck ya how much are you going to be selling your shirts for?

• Nate September 29, 2010 at 11:17 am

I don’t think I’m taking any shirts Oscar. It would be rude to sell them next to the artists that are actually performing. I’ll give out free stickers though :)

• chris September 29, 2010 at 11:44 am

they will be in denver tomorrow @ beta

saw switch the other night he just brought two dvd or cds with him. lame lame lame.

• Marie September 29, 2010 at 8:06 pm