Nov
Daft Punk – 6 Minutes of Tron Legacy Posted by: Nate in Electronic

It’s pretty hard to stay away from all the hype around Daft Punk’s score of the upcoming film Tron Legacy so I figured I’d buy in at least a little bit now and post this 6 minute teaser they just released. It gives you a broader preview of the album than we’ve got before. You can definitely tell they’ll be a few awesome tracks in the soundtrack, but for the most part it’s mainly regular movie score. I really hope they have something else in store after this or else it may not live up to expectations.

Daft Punk – 6 Minutes of Tron Legacy (160 kbps)

• Sjoerd November 15, 2010 at 12:07 pm

So the track ‘Fragile’, leaked a looooong time ago (read: september 2009) was actually real? Awesome. :D

• Cory November 15, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I bet I’m not the only one who finds this incredibly disappointing.

I’m also hoping they’ve got something special up their sleeves too… because this is some boring, generic hollywood score bollocks. At least half of this teaser track could be used in LotR, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Star Wars without being out of place at all.

My fingers are still crossed for them to redeem themselves, but my hopes aren’t set particularly high after this.

• aurahack November 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm

It’s difficult to criticize them for having sound like a movie score because that’s… that’s kind of what they need to do. They are making a soundtrack to a movie, a very high-budget, blockbuster one at that. While they were obviously brought on for their electronic stuff, they kind of can’t go too experimental at the movie’s cost.

• Borat November 15, 2010 at 1:33 pm

It is difficult to them to return to the public and give people what they used to listen to. Times change and we change with them… I’ve been expected more from Daft Punk… I know that money if very important thing. But i’m prefer that principles must be on the first plan.

• Jean November 15, 2010 at 4:08 pm

It’s a fake !
    Two tracks of this mix was denials by Daft Punk.

• dirtymagik November 16, 2010 at 9:57 am

You guys don’t really understand do you? THEY GOT HIRED TO DO A JOB. Not sponsored to make a new Daft Punk album. Geeeeez. I’m sure with the money they made from this they’ll drop off the face of the earth and say fuck music right? (sarcasm) They either have or are working on an album of their own. Be patient.

• OZZY DUBBS November 16, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I love this shit. Its a movie score by DAFT PUNK are you kidding me??? its like a wet dream for kids all over the world! its not something you would go dance your ass off to, but turn off your lights, play it really loud and enjoy it for what it is, because it is still amazing.

• Nick November 16, 2010 at 4:27 pm

“Solar Sailer”
    “Rectifier”
    “Disc Wars”
    “C.L.U.”
    “Arrival”
    “Flynn Lives”
    “Tron Legacy (End Titles)”
    “Finale”

Fragile isn’t on there

• Julian C November 16, 2010 at 5:35 pm

shut up cory

• folek November 17, 2010 at 12:25 am

this is a score, not a soundtrack. the will release a soundtrack first….. then when the movie is released a score will be made

• Dan November 17, 2010 at 2:18 am

I think it’s pretty cool, but it could do without most the strings and horns. If you ignore that, it sounds way cooler. I think this music would also be appropriate for Mass Effect… or any other sci-fi epic.

At 3.30, yeah, that’s more like it.

• paul November 17, 2010 at 8:53 am

a) this should have been more electronic.. since its daft punk and the movie is some futuristic electronic style shit.

b) this movie is being made by disney… its already lame. dont expect much.

• sam November 21, 2010 at 6:46 am

DP work on a film … it ‘s not an injury !
    TO me , I’m glad to hear them now cause they missed me … I’m a bit optimistic , not pural ; so
    I argue for the revival of the electro sound of Daft Punk which has never disappointed me

• sam November 21, 2010 at 6:48 am

DP works on a film … it ‘s not an injury !

• ntgn November 22, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I’m partially disappointed. I kinda knew this was going to happen, though, because its happened with others with other movies, like Mr.Oizo’s Rubber soundtrack, which should have been way more awesome… but it’s for a movie.

I’m willing to bet Disney had a large hand in going “well, yeah, thats nice and all, but we need something more strings and operatic. This is a Disney action movie.” etc, etc.

I was really hoping Daft Punk would fight some of the bs Disney would be bringing down, and that Disney wouldn’t even bother bringing down bs, because… well shit, it’s Daft Punk. Just having their names on it, probably made a lot of people who wouldn’t have seen it otherwise wanna go see it.

I was expecting some regular score, but I’m really hoping Daft Punk puts some more bangin’ tracks in there.

And the most disappointing part is… you don’t need to have a movie score sound like a movie score, to BE a movie score.

For example, FLCL. I don’t care what you have to say about anime or w/e, but it is a prime example of how normal songs, that sound good on their own, can be used to enhance scenes.

To me, Tron, just because of the premise would work with a totally random electronic album with the right songs on the right places. I wanna hear the quiet, ominous scenes with music akin to Aphex Twin’s soft, yet eerie clicking… I wanna hear the hard banging of Justice-esque sounds, at the climax, etc, etc.

Daft Punk is completely capable of following that energy with their own style of music, rather than conforming to the cliche hollywood sound.

It’ll still definately be good… but for what it is. And from Daft Punk… well, I expected better.

• leakyleak November 22, 2010 at 6:48 pm

the entire soundtrack/score leaked today… 22 tracks in all… look around online and you can find it

• leakyleak November 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm

just flicked through the soundtrack…. nothing super banging, but there’s quite a few decent tracks, definitely has the movie score feel to it

• anon November 25, 2010 at 10:24 am

the full soundtrack can be found @ neon junks in low quality

• 6 mins of Daft Punk creations | Feedgeeks April 30, 2011 at 4:22 am