Nov
I’ll Just Leave This Here #91 Posted by: Nate in Electronic, I'll Just Leave This Here

(Photo – Rosie Jones)

Just a quick little announcement today. I’ll finally be starting up a weekly ustream mix on Monday’s at around 1 MST. I like to do mainly requests, since it’s a lot more fun for everyone, but the past few times I’ve got some requests for tracks that I actually don’t have! (crazy right?) So if you have something that you really wanna hear mixed, leave me comment below and when you request it in the ustream I’ll be able to play it (if I like it in the first place).

Benny Benassi – House Music (320 kbps)

Eric Prydz – Niton (Treasure Fingers Remix) (320 kbps)

Caribou – Sun (Andy’s iLL Refix) (320 kbps)

Carte Blanche – Politrix As Usual (256 kbps)

Some of you my recognize this last track. It’s actually an old remix JFK did and briefly uploaded to his myspace a little over 2 years ago. Do to legal reasons he wasn’t able to release it then, but now it seems all is well as he’s given it away freely in glorious 320kbps. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to play this but held back because I only had a bad 128 myspace rip. Big thanks to El3ctronight for bringing it to my attention.

Usher – Love In This Club (JFK of Mstrkrft Remix) (320 kbps)

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

• l0r3nz November 28, 2010 at 9:02 am

wow jfk was inspired by eric clapton’s – layla… crazy…

• felix November 28, 2010 at 9:02 am

where did u find that cb track??

• Josh November 28, 2010 at 10:05 am

Carte Blanche track is divine

• ThomasV November 28, 2010 at 10:44 am

Like the Carte Blanche Release!

• Whtvrz_Klvr November 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I would love to hear “Dub Disco (Lucky Date Remix),” by Spencer & Hill, in a mix!

• Christina November 28, 2010 at 12:31 pm

that JFK rmx is pure sex, fml. fucking sexy!

• BLAINE LAKE November 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm

JFK remix is actually just a MSTRKRFT remix.

• Mat November 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Thanks for the shout out Nate! Oh and can you be sure to have Skrillex My name Is Skrillex.! I want to request it and I want you to have it!

MS Sam says: LOlololololoLOlololololol

• Pablo @ November 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Speaking of JFK, you should include The Phantom’s Revenge “Charlie” (JFK Edit).

• Dan November 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

How bad is it to play songs at 128kbps? They sound fine through my earbuds. When I download songs from iTunes, I have to convert them to mp3s, so that my Xbox will play them. They’re originally 256kbps, but when converting them I get the option to convert them to 320kbps… what?

I’m no DJ, but I’d like to think I have a good ear. I notice the difference between 64 and 128. I’ve heard FLAC files at a thousand something kbps; they sound amazing. But to me the difference between 128 and 320 are minute. Are there tell signs of shitty 128 compression?

• Transmita November 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Throwing another voice into the mix here, the JFK Remix of Love in this Club is really more the JFK Edit of the MSTRKRFT Remix. The two of them used to play this edit version live, back in 2008 or so.

• Rowley November 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm

That Sun remix is insane!

• MG November 28, 2010 at 9:49 pm

The Drop on the caribou track is insane, im lovin it nate great post

• Fuzzhead November 28, 2010 at 11:31 pm

So glad to finalllllly have the Usher remix in 320. Thanks, Nate!

@Dan it makes a huge, huge, huuuuge difference. The tinny sound of earbuds won’t tell you anything. I unfortunately found this out the first time I spun live. I was playing on a pretty decent soundsystem, I had one 320 song playing at the same time as a 192, and when I made the cut to just the 192, it was like all the “fullness” of the sound left the room, and a lot of people stopped dancing.

• Fuzzhead November 28, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Oh I forgot to mention, in my past search for the Love In This Club remix in higher quality, I came across two versions – different piano melody in the breakdown – anyone else come across this?

• Matt November 29, 2010 at 1:16 am

Oh yes to the Caribou refix, I knew you would like it when I sent it in! Keep it up man.

• peter nguyen November 29, 2010 at 2:17 am

designer drugs are mentioning datamix 12 on their page! i look to you for the drop kind sir :)

• Adrian (the Acura Dealer) November 29, 2010 at 4:46 am

@Dan yes, 128 is similar to FLAC (they both pretty much sound the same.) except FLAC takes longer to download. I suggest converting all your mp3s to 128, only a few percent of people can actually tell the difference. hope this helped!

• buck November 29, 2010 at 7:06 am

huge tracks man, thanks nate.

@Dan, as others have stated, 128 does sound a lot different on a big sound system. Ideally, you want 320 kpbs mp3 / flac / wav for dj sets or performances. Sometimes you have to drop a 192 or 256 when the track is rare or you just don’t have a better copy.

@ adrian, I think I agree with you if you said 320 instead of 128. 128 is bottom of the barrel and I think even casual music listeners can tell its not the greatest sounding version. 320 is the highest mp3 can go and most people can’t tell the difference between that and .flac, although that full cd quality pushes a system more cleanly that any mp3…

• IGGZ November 29, 2010 at 7:07 am

Difference between 128 and 320 is immense.. even 192 and 320. However, I don’t believe the remix is a 320 at all.. i think it’s just encoded as 320. I’ve been doing crossfades from one deck to the other with the 128 and 320 version and it’s unfortunately the exact same.. only did this because i wasn’t satisfied with it when i downloaded the 320 version. Surprised nobody has noticed lol.

• Zayler November 29, 2010 at 8:33 am

Reppin Andy’s iLL with the Sun remix! Posted at Daftwho? first ;)

<3 Chemical Jump!

• Wojie November 29, 2010 at 8:58 am

I’m almost weirded out by hearing the Usher rmx in 320. Wow. And once again you bring artists I’ve never heard of to my attention that clearly kick ass. Caribou – Sun (Andy’s iLL Refix). Dunno who this is but I LOVE this track.

• andrew November 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm

that JFK mix is extremely mundane. lameeee.

• Anton November 29, 2010 at 4:39 pm

For those who didn’t notice; The main melody played by the dist.organ in the USHER-remix is actually the very long piano outro from the classic “Derek and the Dominos – Layla”.

• Chronic Bucks November 29, 2010 at 8:23 pm

that is the worst benny track i have ever heard….

wow……i still can’t believe how bad that track was

• Brad November 29, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Shinichi Osawa – Zingaro (Rhythm Droid Remix) this track would be nice… look too…toomanysebastians

• Zo December 1, 2010 at 11:47 pm

What is the name of the first track on the ustream mix?!

• Scott December 3, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Loving the Andy’s iLL remix, stinkerr

• Gimmick Mask December 4, 2010 at 4:50 pm

For those of you arguing about mp3, you should download Foobar and use the built-in “ABX comparator” to see for yourself.

I have some high-end custom IEM’s and would suggest that the difference between 192 and 320 is minimal, even on a big soundsystem. I honestly think it’s much easier to tell any minor existence with good headphones because club speakers are often muddy and undetailed. I notice that, for example, tracks that sound overly loud and distorted from aggressive limiting often sound good in a club setting because the club’s speakers are muddy and mask the distortion

• JNSTY December 10, 2010 at 9:52 am

sick post yo!

• Learn piano chord progressions December 10, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Who is the chick in that picture

• HouseFiend December 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm

that benassi track is horrible, wow

• sup cuh December 13, 2010 at 11:20 pm

hottest picture of rosie jones, straight up.
    @Learn piano chord progressions – go to nuts.co.uk, she’s on there