Jan
Internet Connection (Huoratron Rum Aid Remix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

While I usually avoid M.I.A. remixes like the plague (with a few exceptions), but this ridiculously heavy remix by Huoratron caught my attention yesterday. He’s known a lot for his heavy metal sounds and total disregard for your eardrums, JFK of MSTRKRFT even called him “the Electro Metal Mozart” which I really agree with. It’s not just a mess of loud sounds mashed together like some artists today are doing *cough Skrillex*. This is one tune that should destroy in harder sets.

M.I.A. – Internet Connection (Huoratron Rum Aid Remix) (320 kbps)

Tagged as: ,

• Chris January 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm

that is an epic drop, goodwork CJ !!

• TomT January 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm

At first I kinda liked it, but after the drop it gets too repetitive, I was expecting more.. Kudos for posting Huoratron though, still love the guy!

• Franzjager January 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I HIGHLY disagree with your opinion of Skrillex throwing a bunch of “sounds” together. He has started a large movement of mixing together heavy electro-house with dubstep influences. Porter Robinson, Lazy Rich have slowly added those sounds to their music and many more. Not only that Skrillex is very versatile. He has a few pure-prog.house tracks that put up against some of the best. I know youre entitled to your own opinion but if you took a little more time to look into Skrillex’s music, you’ll see that he has highly original and complex sounds and isn’t just “mashing loud sounds” together.
    This was in no way an attack, more of me just giving my opinion. Thanks

• SebkeClaes January 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Yeah I guess that’s why mau5trap records is so succesful, they suck :p

Anyhow, killer bass in this one.

• Leonardo January 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm

lol fail.
    your website is great, but you always criticize mau5trap artists for no reason and with no good criticism.
    I totally agree with @Franzjager

• electronist January 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm

WTF… the voice of m.i.a. and this massive remix from houratron working so well.. and the “whooooo” of sound of stereo’s velcro is getting me crazy :D

• DSCO January 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm

This track is really really well done. Nice find Nate.

• uguu January 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm

who can really call anything that skrillex “produces” “music”?

• assholio January 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm

is it just me, or do all skrillex tracks sound like they sample an elephant?

• stattsss January 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm

the drop sounds like a sample out of a retro donkey kong game with a bunch of loops

• Yetta January 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I gotta say, I like some Skrillex songs, but indeed it sounds like a lot of sounds thrown together, like a lot of (“mainstream”?) Electro House nowadays. Skrillex definately wasn’t the first to combine Electro and Dubstep. Maybe just my opinion but today’s electrohouse completely doesn’t work for me. It’s just another trend like Dutch House.. At first Afrojack had a couple of cool songs and now it’s all just repetitive, overplayed..

• Christina January 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm

haha love that check on skrillex. i have to say i am excited for his new benassi remix. it sounds pretty down!

• hbkallday January 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm

i mean i was a sonny moore fan before he was skrillex so i guess i have more of a respect for him than others. but hating on him, Feed Me (Sp0re/Spore), and those to come under Mau5trap is poor judgement imo. still edm. still a skrillex fan, dont care.

• Booze January 11, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Huora! Huora! Huora! Huora

p.s. Skrillex can lick my butthole

• Chronic Mncher January 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Skrillex isn’t just loud sounds mashed together.. The man is a walking musical revolution. Mau5trap is doing everything right this year, especially with Feed Me’s new EP.

• anditworked January 11, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Wow I can’t believe people actually like Skrillex. All Skrillex did was walk into a Home Depot, buy all their power tools, turn them on at different intervals and recorded the horrible mess that ensued. Mau5trap is made fun of for good reason. It’s a poor excuse for a label run by an even bigger joke. It’s only doing so well because rave kids love ghosts and stuff and Deadmau5 is worshipped for that. Maybe if Joel could make something creative instead of the abomination that was 4×4=12 we would still have respect for him.

• leominov January 12, 2011 at 3:59 am

oh yeah.
    wanna tony senghore remix too :)

• Conor January 12, 2011 at 4:55 am

If this means that the core Beatport user-base, as close to a mainstream as dance music gets, is going to finally acknowledge dubstep through an artist like Skrillex, I’m concerned. Its one-dimensional aggression and appeal to the lowest common denominator feels like the exact opposite of where the genre began; there’s a difference between perversion and evolution. Dubstep is undergoing both processes at once, and the results couldn’t be more far apart. I’m not surprised that this EP was number one on Beatport—it’s fun and well-produced rave fare—but this music does a dangerous disservice if it’s perceived as representative of “dubstep” to an audience that has never come upon it before.
    from: http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=8266

• IGGZ January 12, 2011 at 6:13 am

I think a lot of Skrillex’s music is just heavy shit, however you can’t ignore some of the complexities in his music which work quite cleverly together. His track Kill Everybody, despite what you may think of it, has a really well thought out beat. Melodic, and not something you can make by pressing a few buttons. That being said i’m not a fan of him, and I completely understand what Conor is saying. Nothing worse than having a representative of a genre, which hardly actually represents that very genre.

• Om nom nom January 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm

It reminded me of Proxy. Nice.

• The Chemical Fish January 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Wow. Im really having a hard time understanding all the hate on Mau5trap and Skrillz. Like people saying its not even music… like seriously. There are some Skrillex songs i dont like but there are a good handfull i think are amazing. And same goes for Mau5. Pretty sad reading all this hate everywhere. I bet if you looked into it alittle more you could find a song you enjoy.

• The Chemical Fish January 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Also i dont think people should get pissed because they dont think its dubstep or whatever. People are always pushing genres these days to create something different. Skrillz is more electro-step than dubstep IMO.

• trident teeth January 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Didnt really like this one tbh… not my thing

however, i never was a fan of mau5trap or deadmau5 for that matter. I thought it was wayyyy over rated and just boosted by a bunch of commercial idiots with no ears for electronic music. His last to albums in my opinion… were trash. 4×4 = 12 on the other hand i had to admit i liked. He seems to have taken a step away from where he was and even produce 2 decent dubstep tracks which was very nice. Not saying i like all the songs on it *cough some chords sucks* but my point is that even tho i hated deadmau5 for his undeserved fame etc he turned around and surprised me with an album i like with good songs, and i must agree with a pervious poster that if you look into skrillex for example im sure you will find a song you enjoy even if you care not to admit it ;)

• trident teeth January 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm

@ chemical fish

wtf electro step? :S
    you cant just mash 2 genres together and create a different genre altogether because you think that what is sounds like. i see enough of that crap in the comments on youtube.

so what? i say hes more progressive psy trance minimal dubtechstep house imo

• VibeBoss January 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Thanks for sharing, Hauratron lays it down pretty heavy. I will have to say though, I do enjoy Skrillex’ tacks.

• MisterFister January 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I dunno how all you guys can bash these artists working their asses of trying to make a living when you guys are sitting around on computers talking shit about their work for no real good reason. Ya maybe some of their work sucks, but hey atleast theyre trying and not sitting around bashing other peoples work. Fuck.

• Mr. Wiggle January 12, 2011 at 7:37 pm

@ MisterFister

“Talking shit about their work”, as you say, is called criticizing. It’s one of the fundamental basis of the music industry. As you can argue that some critics are not, well, very elaborate, the right to criticize remains, as we are free to buy (or not) the stuff artists are throwing at us everyday. It can’t be all good, you said it yourself. You are free to argue with the “bashers”, but at least come up with constructive arguments to prove your point. I think that people on this post have brought good issues (on both sides) and responding to them by saying they’re just talking shit for no good reason is a little disrespectful.

Peace

• gavin January 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm

yeah, not digging skrillex’s stuff, either. this be a fine fine trout of tune, however.

• Fuzzhead January 13, 2011 at 1:43 pm

So who is this “Feed Me” guy? Sounds exactly like Skrillex. Example: “Scary Monsters” and “Cloudburn” are nearly the same song. Cheesy intro, then very unrelated noisy synths, then cheesy unrelated bridge, then more noisy synths. It sounds like Feed Me and Skrillex’s synths (or computer synths) are even on the same settings. Honestly I don’t like either of them, just wondering if Skrillex is ghost-producing or something.

• Terry January 13, 2011 at 5:13 pm

idk why they hating on Skrillex he has
    accomplish so much in a short period of time
    and i never seen any other that has hold 8 spots on
    beatport like he did for more than 3 months so yea
    this guy us just jealous of the talent and the Originality of Sonny

• anditworked January 13, 2011 at 7:04 pm

@Terry
    hahaha why are you justifying talent by the charts? Justin Beiber is always high on the charts, are you going to tell me he has musical talent because he held number 1 for a while?

• Terry January 13, 2011 at 10:31 pm

@anditworked
    hahah good 1 but i’m not a big fan
    of beiber and is just that he’s good just cause he has a different style and new ideas and even benny bennasi give props to Skrillex on facebook n Twitter about the remix of his song Cinema i think thats pretty big coming from a dj of the level of Benny Benassi and no dis respect but all i gotta say is if you don’t like Skrillex music don’t listen to it nobody is forcing anybody to listen to it. and he did held #1 for a while and will would do it again you’ll see.

• Mike January 14, 2011 at 8:23 am

Skrillex made Rock N’ Roll and Kill Everybody. Abstract, banging tracks. Can’t hate on this.

• finder January 14, 2011 at 9:52 am

you were right nate, this is hilarious

• Franzjager January 14, 2011 at 2:48 pm

@Fuzzhead
    Feed Me = Spor, he is a big drum and bass producer from back in the day. If you listen to the entire EP, it has a lot of good quality tracks.

• Derek January 14, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Better be careful making Skrillex comments like that. He has some hardcore fanboys out there. Lol That being said, I couldn’t agree more. Had he come before Wolfgang, maybe his shit would be fresh, but WG has hit it already and does it 100x better.

• Ubbs January 15, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I’ve said it before and ill say it again… Skrillex can eat my ballsack

• Anonymous January 15, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Regarding all the conversation about Skrillex / Deadmau5 / Mau5trap: Guys, lets be honest, it’s electronic music—it all sucks dick.

• Skrillex'd January 16, 2011 at 3:58 am

@Anonymous

I wish I could refute your point, maybe even throw you some tracks that might change your mind. Alas, I cannot. In the meanwhile, at least fellatio is a fun word to say

• Anonymous January 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

@Skrillex’d

It’s alright; I understand. Don’t get me wrong, though—I listen to this shit—I’m just willing to acknowledge that most of it really isn’t any good. At all.

Additionally, I vouch; “fellatio” is a fun word to say.

• even more anonymous January 17, 2011 at 3:08 am

@ anonymous

asshole

• inflatable tiger castleinflatable products September 29, 2016 at 5:44 am

good quality adult inflatable obstacle courseadult obstacle course http://www.custominflatablebuy.com/good-quality-adult-inflatable-obstacle-courseadult-obstacle-course/ good quality adult inflatable obstacle courseadult obstacle course