Feb
Hold It Against Me (Jump Smokers Extended Mix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic, House

I’m sure most of you cringed as well when you first heard Britney Spears’ new single Hold It Against Me. The socalled “dubstep” in the song is probably some of the worst stuff I’ve ever heard in mainstream music. I didn’t think anyone could make a good remix of it. Sure, Tommie Sunshine and Figure did a nice edit, but it was just too club sounding for my liking. Then Jump Smokers came along, not only did they make their remix bearable, it’s actually quite good. It has a very strong Afrojack/Dutch House feel to it which is probably what pulled me in so much.

Britney Spears – Hold It Against Me (Jump Smokers Extended Mix) (320 kbps)

Tagged as: ,

• d February 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm

calling that dubstep part “the worst stuff i’ve heard in mainstream music” REALLY?

its dubstep, its well produced, and i’d rather hear shitty dubstep than Katy Perry of Ke$ha anyday of the week!

• Dynamical Dave February 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm

This edit is terrible! The Tommie Sunshine & Figure edit is way better.
      Also refering to “d’s” previous comment:

You’d rather listen to that horrid mainstream song attempting to be “underground/hip/cool-cus-it’s-not-mainstream” REALLY?

• Ozim_pl February 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm

i’m not diggint it, at all.

fuck, nate, let’s stay away from the commercial shit. let’s leave it to the masses who don’t even have a slight idea of what good music is these days. and we don’t want track that are ‘quite good’. you can find shitload of those around. off the hook, is what we are looking for.

just my two cents.

• Tom February 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I think you have to look at the Britney song from the producers point of view… Dr Luke and Max Martin have written songs for backstreet boys, kelly osbourne, sugababes, kesha to name a few… its only natural that the dubstep/electro house parts of the song were always going to sound commercial. They are not going to aim to bring out the dirtiest dub song, because it simply wont hit their target audience. For the general population, they think that song does sound dirty as they are not exposed to the underground scene of dub…. Overall, from a 20 year DJ’s view…the song is crap, but from a 14 year old girl, its probably great.

Jump smokers should have produced it in the first place, as they specialise in commercial electro house

• Stijn Njits February 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm

commerical crap.

• andrew February 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm

if this ever gets played out i’d hope the dj would mute the “its brittney bitch” part. generic dutch house dance song… < tommy sunshine and figure edit

• Brendan streetstreet February 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm

it wasnt really my thing,

• erick February 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm

DUBSTEP SUCKS

AFROJACK STYLE RULES!!!!

• DIRTY NOISE February 8, 2011 at 11:25 pm

• electronist February 9, 2011 at 9:39 am

nevertheless this dirty dutch is gettin’ to commercial and sounds like crap..sometime afrojack is dropping some good track but its getting even more and more rare

• Wojtek Stobinski February 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm

You made me look up Britney Spears :(
    lol had to see what this dubstep bit was.
    Left me with a smirk.

I don’t like to act like I’m hardcore underground sound 1337 kid
    It’s fun to watch a sound like Dubstep run through the rank and end up on Britneys plate.

• adam February 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm

It’s an o.k. remix. I actually MUCH prefer the Rihanna “S&M” remixes to this…

• HOME TOWN DJS February 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

If You Want A Club Banger You Need To Hear The Remix of Our Dear Friend FANTOHM :)

CHECK IT OUT HERE

+ ITS FREE TO DOWNLOAD :)

• satan February 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

trash

• francis_fresh February 16, 2011 at 5:32 am

I dig it for what it is. I like to let the song play out until the dubstep part, then mix in a really grimy dubstep song. It allows me to play a song my audience would have otherwise normally not listened to

• ANGELINA October 18, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Incredible! I’m genuinely enjoying the style and design of your blog. Are you using a customized template or is this readily available to all users? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the general public, please e-mail me at:. I’d really like to get my hands on this template! Thanks a lot.