Mar
MSTRKRFT – Beards Again Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Certainly a surprise today from MSTRKRFT in the form of their first original track since the Fist Of God album. It has a very strong rock theme too it which feels surprisingly good mixed with a bit of electro. I read in an interview recently that JFK was very displeased with the way electro was headed and the influence the Black Eyed Peas were having on things. He mentioned that the Fist Of God album was the direction they thought things were going, and that the next record will be the direction they want things to go. Whether this track is a sign of things to come from them or could still be up in the air, but what I am sure of, is that I really like this track.

MSTRKRFT – Beards Again (320 kbps)

• Bobby McDonnell March 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Thanks for posting!!
    I was trying to get it from their website, but that shit is overloaded.

• :( March 14, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Seriously disappointed in this. Sounds like a horrible high school metal band.

• Mike Belhumeur March 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I like it and I don’t hate it all at the same time.

I’d need to hear a full album. As a single I think it’s weak but an album sounding like this I could get behind.

• Eric Shepard March 14, 2011 at 2:29 pm

The more it sounds like electro DFA, the more I am pleased. Really loving the track.

• Don March 14, 2011 at 2:29 pm

track blows.
    not a fan of mixing electro with metal/rock and seeing he’s from DFA of course his probably not liking the way electro is going, hopefully the rest of the album is good though I still love MSTRKRFT :D

• juan Gonzalez March 14, 2011 at 2:29 pm

haven’t heard much stuff lately from MSTRKRFT, but it seems like they’re coming back with some good stuff

• brett ortega March 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm

in case the mstrkrft is still overloaded, check it out:

• brett ortega March 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm

in case the mstrkrft page is still overloaded, check it out on YT:

• bryce March 14, 2011 at 2:36 pm

that was my interview! if you wanted to post it I linked you via the website part of the comments. Glad you enjoyed it. thanks for posting the new track, great to finally hear what he was talking about.

• boardmx March 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm

So the direction that they’re wanting to go is to sound like Ratatat or Shout Out Out Out Out circa 2006/2007?

• Graham March 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

well i’m sure we’ll know the direction electro will be headed when justice releases their new single April 4th! way to pick up on that, chemicaljump

• Nick March 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Trudat. I’m very interested to see what Justice will come up with.

Back on topic however, I’m not entirely convinced with this. It does just sound like some random rock/indie bands instrumental with a bit of random electro thrown in at the end.

Not exactly what I had in mind for the future of electro.

• mikegoodface March 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm

agree on saying that this song just sucks. and yes not everyone can remix electro and rock/metal, Justice is probably the best with the just one fix remix for the across the universe tour, that shit just makes you step on the pedal while driving

• Back on the Scene | LA BeatConnection March 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm

[...] MSTRKRFT that doesn’t really give a fuck about what’s cool and trendy. Chemical Jump just pimped out their newest single “Beards Again” (which MSTRKRFT was giving away for free until it crashed the server), [...]

• esteban March 14, 2011 at 10:42 pm

wow that is the dope shit…incorporated into my live mix tonight, spun with yours truly C.S. or Charlie Sheen… peep a sample … http://soundcloud.com/backwoods518/charlie-sheen-electro-house

• Joseph March 14, 2011 at 11:34 pm

not bad just mediocre. sounds pretty lifeless. it’s a step toward their older sound though, which is nice.

• Evan March 15, 2011 at 2:59 am

I’m not blown away sitting in front of my computer, but I can picture this going over well with a crowd and being a lot of fun to play live.

• IGGZ March 15, 2011 at 3:08 am

Hardly creative or inspiring. So much better things happening in electronic music.

• Steven Buttnick March 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Seems like some key releases have the chance to stand out from pack pretty soon. I have a feeling we might hear some brand new types of sounds on MSTRKRFT’s and Justice’s upcoming albums. No matter what they come out with a ton of people will be listening, and I really hope they throw us some serious curveballs.

PS: Anyone else really into Ed Banger’s Let The Children Techno? I don’t know what it is but I’ve had that album on repeat for days…it has that magic Ed Banger vibe!

• Evan March 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

You might be the only one into that compilation, lol.

• Steven Buttnick March 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Haha I was kind of afraid of that. But honestly, Let The Children Techno as a whole sounds better and more interesting to me than most of what else I’ve heard recently. It’s basically just cool blaring noises and some catchy vocals with a kind of a low-fidelity feel – pretty silly stuff really, but I love it. It puts a smile on my face the same way Daft Punk’s and Justice’s live albums used to back in the day. I’m also sort of on the techno bandwagon these days anyway.

• Mike Belhumeur March 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Read the article posted above before you listen to the track. If what JFK says don’t change the way you’re listening to the track then you’re listening for the wrong reasons.

I will happily embrace the second coming of 2006.

• Droespowa March 15, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Song sucks! At the end they just high-pass filter the guitars out and start a none impressive electro beat.

3,5 Years ago i was seriously convinced that MSTRKRFT would be the next big thing. After the interview I did with JFK I was so pumped to hear the Fist Of God album! I can’t say I was ever more disappointed about a release.

I still think The Looks is the best they ever did! Get real!

• 2222 March 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

The Looks was the best thing the ever did.

• Neil April 3, 2011 at 5:04 pm

read the interview too, just sounds like he’s moaning a bit because other people are better than him. The drop at the end makes the song just about worth it, I wish it was longer