Mar
Son Of Flynn (Goose Remix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Most of you probably know by now that Tron Legacy remix soundtrack called Reconfigured was leaked yesterday ahead of it’s April 4th release. And even if you didn’t know, you’ll probably see people talking shit about it because, well, it’s really a horrible mess of top name producers. Busy P even posted on his Cool Cats blog today calling out the album and saying that “A&R at Disney records is apparently buying most of his electronic music in airports stores…“. If you look at the names of the remixers I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.. but regardless Busy P decided to share Goose‘s remix which even with it’s simplistic styling should have been featured on the album over just about any one of the remixes that are currently on it.

Daft Punk – Son Of Flynn (Goose Remix) (192 kbps)

Tagged as: ,

• Josh March 20, 2011 at 11:56 am

To be fair, I hated the original soundtrack as an album. As an accompaniment to the film it worked, but it shouldn’t have been part of their discography.

I presume that it’s hard to remix tunes that were shit in the first place imo, so not surprised at all.

Shame, really :(

• Jeff March 20, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I think the original soundtrack wasn’t very good, but for an electro fan like me, I think the new remixed album is significantly better

• Droespowa March 21, 2011 at 5:33 am

I liked the original soundtrack! It was in a lot of ways really convincing and original. I think it was a good choice from Daft punk to make this soundtrack and get the massive pressure of the next album out the way and reinvent their music.
    Disney Records saw an opportunity to squeeze more money out an already dry orange.
    I think if Daft Punk owned the exclusive rights they would never let this kind of remix compilation get published.

A lot of respect for the Goose remix, totally agree with you Nate!

• ELECTR0.COM » Son Of Flynn (Goose Remix) March 21, 2011 at 7:01 am

[...] : ChemicalJump.com Tags: DAFT PUNK, GOOSE Previous article [...]

• WeirdBeaver March 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

Not all songs on this remix album are total crap.. I do like the M83 vs Big Black Delta; Boys Noize; Avicii and Sander Kleindenberg remixes.
    But indeed, the potential the soundtrack had for remixes is not being used. Let’s hope for an unofficial remix album with some great remixes!

• adam romero March 21, 2011 at 10:18 am

• Herva March 21, 2011 at 12:00 pm

• Yeti March 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Busy P was right for sure, out of the 15 or so tracks on the album, the goose remix was top 3 for sure, disney obviously has no idea what theyre doing in this area.

• Adam March 22, 2011 at 12:51 am

I have heard the reconfigured album already and i actually think its great. I was not expecting an album of dance floor bangers, but rather an album with touches made to it by these big producers. And the fact that someone at Disney reached out to these EDM artists is huge!

I think the real culprit here is the movie, it was crap

• sdk March 22, 2011 at 2:56 am

Seems to me like Busy P is taking things to the extreme with these comments. I’m a massive fan of M83 and Pretty Lights, both groups/artists I think deserve more credit than they get (aside from M83′s fantastic debut album, which got a bit of notice). Glitch Mob are great too.

Obviously he has seen the names “Oakenfold” and “Moby” and become burnt toast immediately.

• Tristan March 23, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hey I bought Ed Rec 2 at an airport in Adelaide.

• Dizzy March 29, 2011 at 8:35 am

I wonder if Busy P knows that Walt Disney is dead…