Mar
Calvin Harris – Awooga Posted by: Nate in Electronic, House

I had the pleasure of watching Congorock play in my home town on Friday and about 20 minutes into his set he dropped a track which I’d never heard before. Naturally, I whipped out my phone and started recording it to hopefully ID later. The weekend passed and the tune was officially driving me crazy. I decided to ask Congorock about it on twitter last night and he told me it was a new unreleased track that Calvin Harris had just sent him a few days. That’s when my good buddy over at DSCOTECH told me the track was called Awooga and happened to just be released that very day! I wasn’t expecting this kind of bomb from Calvin, but if this is where he’s headed with future tunes, I welcome it with open arms.

Calvin Harris – Awooga

(Download removed upon request)

Pick up the 320 on Beatport now

• Matt March 22, 2011 at 11:48 am

R.I.P Calvin Harris, american electronic fags killed a genius of the music…

• Daniel Ruiz Garcia March 22, 2011 at 11:55 am

dont know him :(
    whats his best track?

• Sjoerd Romkes March 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm

One of his ‘best’ tracks was ‘Acceptable in the 80s’, a disco track released a couple years ago. This is totally not Calvin Harris and I would recommend him getting an alias and release dance stuff like this (and I’m Not Alone) under that alias. This could easily be a track made by Afrojack.

• davidkim March 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm

What happened to Calvin Harris? -__- This is why I don’t go to raves anymore. I’ve gotten over this sound in 2010. Please stick to your roots or go home Calvin.

• Eric Shepard March 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm

That was pretty awful. I’m pretty sure those are the same sounds I make when I mess with Korg DS-10 for, like, 5 minutes. :(

• DSCO March 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Cheers!

• doncornelius March 22, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I’m w/everybody on this after ‘acceptable in the 80′s’ & ‘girls’ I aint dug dood@all…

• Zedd March 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Calvin Harris dropped this song at Beyond Wonderland…omg fuckin amazin his whole set killed

• neekoh March 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm

One of the best tracks to come out in some time. I am adding this to my spring/summer mix as we speak :)

XXo,
    Neekoh

• Sjoerd Romkes March 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm

‘One of the bast tracks to come out in some time’? Really?

Wow, glad I’m not living in your world if this is one of the best tracks. It’s not that I totally hate Awooga, it’s just mediocre. And with all the awesome stuff being released these days that’s not good.

• ELECTR0.COM » Calvin Harris – Awooga March 23, 2011 at 3:58 am

[...] ChemicalJump.com Tags: CALVIN HARRIS Previous article [...]

• voice of reason March 23, 2011 at 3:22 pm

lol at everyone thinking Calvin is “dead.” that’s nonsense and you know it—> Use your head for a minute, the man is an ultra talented producer and musician. Aside from that, he is a (world IMO) class disc jockey. His sets are insanely good and obviously he can’t play his original tunes, therefore, why not make a club/festival banger and release it to acclaim from practically every dj on earth (check twitter) right before one of the most relevant/important weeks in dance music???

Sure, it is a little rushed and not the greatest tune but hearing played to 5k was amazing. very smart on his part.

keep it up calvin… ill keep buying your CD’S (whose entirety won’t sound like this) and rocking out to your STELLAR DJ SETS.

• dj chorizo March 23, 2011 at 3:30 pm

its a nice track.also for all the fags saying this isnt calvin harris: it its him, cant you read?

• slavedaddy March 23, 2011 at 7:19 pm

The song is horrible. Calvin Harris releases tracks usually that have an 80s electro disco feel. This is Dutchy nonsense meant to appease rolling fags but it does nothing for everyone else.

• Fandeath March 23, 2011 at 8:03 pm

This is a solid track. I don’t understand all the hate.

• Sam March 24, 2011 at 7:35 am

This is really bad…

• snrm March 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm

People really likes this? Come on.. This is just terrible.. Sounds like those awfull cheesy cheap Dirty House crap..

• [Electro] Calvin Harris – Awooga | The Music Ninja March 25, 2011 at 4:57 am

[...] [Via Chemical Jump] AKPC_IDS += "10796,"; Tweet blog comments powered by Disqus /* [...]

• RahRah March 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Heard this for the first time this past weekend at Calvin’s set for the SHM Masquerade party on Miami Beach.
    Orgasm!!!!

People stop hating cuz dance music is evolving..i have nothing against the older, less dutchy type beats. Thats where it all started for me as well. But u have to understand the music is changing and its not for the bad. Who ever said faster beats were bad? learn to move to it and u’ll love it as well :-p

• silent_13 March 31, 2011 at 7:47 am

dance music evolves? Of course it is. Its always evolving (every artform is constantly evolving). This track just sucks. Fast or slow beats has nothing to do with anything. Just a huge disappointment from one of my fav producers. Just sounds generic with a twinge of calvin. weak sauce.

• teddy April 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm

this track in its entirety is kind of boring, but the break is ridic and gets crowds so hype. Any of you amateur DJs out there would be silly not to include this in your sets.

• thisismynamewhatofit August 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I really don’t understand the hate for this song, I can’t get enough of it! yeah its a little cheesy and simplistic but obviously the hate is coming from people who are genre-conscious and Calvin is branching out a bit, sorta like how all the Folk music peeps hated Bob Dylan’s “like a rolling stone” even though its a good song.

Anyway if you like Awooga you might like Deadmau5 – The reward is cheese and Steve Angello – Knas