Mar
Afrojack – Doing It Right Posted by: Nate in Electronic, House

In case you didn’t notice yesterday, Afrojack dropped another one of his Dutch bangers on his own label, Wall Records. It’s really interesting hearing some of the tracks I get trying to recreate his sound and never quite reaching the mark. There’s just something about it that can’t copied to an exactness. Blowing up in such a short period of time with that sound, he’s obviously doing something right.

Afrojack – Doing It Right (320 kbps)

• Charles Peckstadt March 30, 2011 at 12:24 pm

sorry, but that song is just annoying…

• snrm March 30, 2011 at 12:33 pm

The Dutch house sound, hate it to be honest :)

• Joseph March 30, 2011 at 12:45 pm

a lot better than what I was expecting. his sound is still pretty cheesy to me tho.

• Adrian (the Acura Dealer) March 30, 2011 at 12:47 pm

yo dis sum hot fukn trance shit right here! more trance like this plz!

• pha March 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm

sick!

• Brandon March 30, 2011 at 2:30 pm

this song is sick af

• doncornelius March 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm

wat an improvement from his annoying everything sounding da same production…dutch house needs a break or a new face now…imo…rspx

• Erik Huizinga March 31, 2011 at 12:39 am

Dutch House has been around like forever. It’s had the time to evolve, so you could call it “very cilized”. We Dutch DJs don’t produce much Designer Drugs, Crookers or Bloody Beetroots like stuff. Some songs are raw, hard and powerful, but most of it is the real House: “almost sophisticated”, but not as monotone and soft as Lounge.

My opinion on this track (and on Afrojack in general) is that his tracks have a lot of bang for your buck, but the downside is the cheap sound. I guess Nate is correct: the sound is hard to copy, but I still think it’s underdeveloped, like incomplete.

• TheNige March 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Doing it wrong…..Polkadots and ummmm i guess his remix of the time (dirty bit) is the only stuff of his i like. Such potential, leave dutch house behind perhaps!

• erick April 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

Polkadots
    Moombah (Afrojack Remix)
    Pacha On Acid
    Dirty Bit(Afrojack Remix)
    Zeggie
    Cluadia

All of these style songs are quite different so i dont get it why people say that his sound is boring. At least for me afrojack is one of the best producers out there nowadays.

and for the record no more SebAstian, Justice, MSTRKRFT stuff its so annoying, i dont imagine people going nuts in the club whit that stuff.
    if there is a worse genre tha elector is dubstep, so annoying.

• Joé Thierry Lauzière April 3, 2011 at 9:12 am

Nice one, its pretty calm yet not boring

• JohnBradford.. April 3, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I’ve grown to hate dutch house but, I think this track has very good elements and it’s definitely of a better quality than his previous releases.

• Jon April 8, 2011 at 12:43 pm

In today’s electronic world, having a unique sound is what sets you apart. Afrojack has cashed in on that theory and has blown up. I happen to enjoy a lot of his tracks. This one follows the same formula with a slight variation. Whether people like it or not, Afrojack will be around for a long time to come. And I’m okay with that.

• Viola October 26, 2011 at 7:21 am