Sep
RIP DJ Mehdi Posted by: Nate in Electronic

It’s posts like this that I hope to never write, especially for such a young and talented person. DJ Mehdi passed away at the age of 34 this morning. The press is still reporting all different things about his death, but word seems to be that he feel through a roof at his home last night and died shortly there after.

I’m almost at a complete loss for words now. One of the things I remember most about seeing DJ Mehdi 3 years ago in LA is the huge grin on his face the entire time which he was DJing. He truly enjoyed making music and playing it for everyone. One of the greats of our time. You will be missed.

I’ll be listening to nothing but Mehdi tracks in remembrance today. Here’s one of my favorites.

DJ Mehdi – Signatune (Thomas Bangalter Edit)

• Joseph September 13, 2011 at 7:50 am

I can’t believe that he is gone. What a tragedy.

• Sam September 13, 2011 at 8:27 am

R.I.P…

• Declan September 13, 2011 at 8:40 am

so sad. saw him on saturday at bestival. such an amazing set! will be missed

• HUANSOAHN September 13, 2011 at 9:09 am

so fucking sad.saw him in march in cologne,it was amazing.i met him and we got to talk.

i am crushed.

condolences go out to his family and friends.

you will be missed bro.

• migueloko September 13, 2011 at 9:25 am

He was the best in the game. RIP Mehdi

• BAZE September 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

He was supposed to play in my city on friday with Riton, so sad.

RIP

• Vern1ta September 13, 2011 at 10:47 am

Just can’t believe it… Life’s a b… R.I.P

• Dan2000 September 13, 2011 at 11:59 am

This is so sad. I got to talk to him in 2008 and he really was a nice person who has showed everybody how deep he was into music and DJing, dancing the whole time with the brightest smile! RIP

• kubrick 1000 September 13, 2011 at 1:18 pm

he was a father and husband and we allfeel like we lost a close friend today, we all wouldnt be out dancin and readin blogs like this without him.

when dj am died pedro posted a picture of lots of european and us djs together. now another one bites the dust….
    see u on the other side

he will have to produce the new amy winehouse in heaven

• manemis September 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm

RIP! So sad. Saw Carte Blanche this summer, it was so fun to be there, both the DJs and the crowd were having such a good time, me included!!! This is sad

• Pierre Morlot September 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm

The social club closed for the night (it’s his main producing club), in respect for him (a night of silence). I think this is a proof of respect for him and his family/friends, but since i heard this tragedy, i decided to play his mixes around, and spread the legend.
    Understand me, this is not irrespectful to don’t do like the Social Club.
    The dream of a DJ is to have his mixes played everywhere, giving happyness to the people who listen them.
    Rest in peace Mehdi, you will be missed.

• Bates September 13, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Such a terrible loss.. R.I.P. Mehdi, you will be sorely missed.. <3

• RIck Gomez September 13, 2011 at 11:52 pm

ONe of the Dj’s that i feel had the most passion and love for what he did ! He left a collection of collaborations and pieces that have inspired and moved hundreds of people!
    R.I.P MEHDI! Prayers go out to his family and friends !MUCH LOVE <3

• Wu-Tang Style September 14, 2011 at 9:22 am

Merci Mehdi, repose en paix lucky boy.

• Misloop September 14, 2011 at 1:51 pm

that’s was so sad.R.I.P DJ Mehdi.

• Jonyy September 15, 2011 at 8:05 am

I am generally a shy person. I don’t like to talk much. Always liked to listen others. And so listened to music, especially the instrumental ones in genres such electro, house etc. And I listened to DJ Mehdi and others included. I must say I liked the stories the man told through his music. Very emotional in every way. Now that he is dead… What now? It’s just like Bob Rifo said, he left a huge void behind. And I feel very sad for the other artists especialy for Riton. I mean, they were celebrating his birthday and he gets that kind of a suprise, a dead friend. I think that Riton will never love to celebrate his birthday after that, because It’ll alwys remind him on that and he might think that he is fault for Mehdi’s death. Such a tragedy.
    - You’ll be missed Mehdi!

• RIP DJ Mehdi | White Label Nation September 15, 2011 at 10:59 am

[...] LOVE: EARMILK | Gotta Dance Dirty | Chemical Jump | TRASHBAGS | EL3CTRONIGHT | MAD DECENT | PITCHFORK | [...]

• Jordan September 17, 2011 at 11:28 pm

condolences to his family and his friends. the great think about mehdi was when he played a set it wasnt just work to him, he loved it, he was just as much in the crowd with all the fans as he was on stage. rip bro

• Lucie September 26, 2011 at 2:36 am

Saw him twice in Paris with the whole EdRec crew + Brodinski & co.
    He’s by far the most entertaining electro artist I’ve seen perform, especially as his joy was so communicative.

We lost someone we were so proud of as french people. Still hard to realize he’s gone.