Oct
I’ll Just Leave This Here #137 Posted by: Nate in Electronic, House, I'll Just Leave This Here

Happy to say I officially occupied Wall Street last night… by playing a rave in an old Wells Fargo bank. Check #57 off my bucket list.

Fatboy Slim – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo) (Moguai Remix) (320 kbps)

Hardwell – Cobra (Official Energy Anthem 2012) (320 kbps)

AutoKratz – Sucker Sirens (320 kbps)

The Trashmen – Surfin’ Bird (Drop The Lime ‘mow bow’ bootleg) (320 kbps)

Steve Aoki feat Rivers Cuomo – Earthquakey People (The Sequel) (192 kbps)

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

• kubrick 1000 October 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm

hm quite a week selection today.
    aoki and hardwell track are really awful. it sounds like trance giberish from tiesto or paul van dyk, mixed with the buildups and drops they stole from some very known tracks. what a shame. i am not hatin on aoki because he got 2 big. i mean boys noize is huge and listen to his latest record on cocoon records. he still delivers a variety of peak performances. aoki, always the same sound he fuddles up on his lil keybordsynth. still rescpect though, as a label dim mak has one of the biggest bands of our time. atari teenage riot. also great the mustard pimp track feat alecempire.

• DSK99 October 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm

don’t know what kubrick 1000 is talking about, this is a solid collection. Very nice work.

• wordup October 16, 2011 at 11:22 pm

agree with kubrick…both songs are crap

• Sam October 17, 2011 at 12:16 am

I have to agree with Kubrick also… Used to be some solid electro bangers here. Lately their pretty much all trancy and cheap as hell…

• BP Bonkers October 17, 2011 at 5:32 am

It’s all about the Surfin’ Bird bootleg :)

• ltfm October 17, 2011 at 10:27 am

so many haters

• kubrick 1000 October 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm

actually the moguai remix is pretty well done. i gave it another try. autokratz is missing the cool vocals. but hey artistic freedom.
    we re not hatin, we are merely discussing the changes.
    aoki was really an icon, when he was pushing things forward.
    we are all music lovers
    some suggestions:
    jumping jack flash – the complex
    scntst – highfield
    oliver schories – wildfang
    julio bashmore – footsteppin
    joakim – forever young

i also feel that the european and northamerican taste are drifting apart. i havent seen any track from julio bashmore or any of these new uk kids like blawan on any us based blog. wich is weird. iam really surprised that
    not even the new boys noize – adonis on cocoon records gets mentioned.

also check out homeboi – shrimps

a music lover

• Fez October 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I think it’s obvious to anyone that North American Electro and Dubstep is very formulaic, and since it hasn’t had as much time to develop as…say…French (Electro) House, it can sound a bit shallow sometimes, however, I did like the Aoki track (more than his recent songs too lol) and the rest of the songs except for the Hardwell track which sounds kinda…umm…typical, anyways good selection!

• Fandeath October 17, 2011 at 7:40 pm

So many haters! I love the Hardwell and AutoKratz tracks. Hearing Rivers on an electronic track is so weird. I’m a big Weezer fan, but that Aoki track is pretty awful. Then again, I’ve never liked Aoki I guess.

• Leeroy October 18, 2011 at 4:09 am

I like the selectrion very much,
    the big difference ist that EDM is becoming very big in the us.
    Here in europe (i live in germany/stuttgart) techhouse techno dubstep and rave are still big.
    i prefer the american taste. so keep up the good work nate.

Me Gusta <3

• erb October 18, 2011 at 2:45 pm

The Surfin’ Bird track samples Private Pile’s crazy sharp intake of air from the opening scene of FMJ. I was diggin it but then I freaked when I heard that sample in the track

• Danny October 19, 2011 at 5:22 am

If its called ‘hard’well – energy anthem, do you really expect it to be catered for your little closeted electro taste? Don’t bother commenting again.

• Erik October 20, 2011 at 1:05 am

What’s up with the Hardwell track? File not found!