Nov
Tittsworth & Alvin Risk – Pendejas (JFK Edit) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

I’m beginning to think some of my hate towards Moombahton may be misplaced. Don’t get me wrong, I still hold several things wrong with the genre, but my main deal is the slowness of it all. I can’t get into a track that’s so slow it feels like all the energy is being sucked out of me. Thankfully JFK has done the world a solid with Tittsworth & Alvin Risk‘s original track and injected it with the much need and rare ‘Rave Negative’ blood type. In the imortal words of Mitch Hedberg: “I remixed a remix, and it went back to normal”

Tittsworth & Alvin Risk – Pendejas (JFK Edit) (320 kbps)

Props to DJ Yorker for the heads up.

Tagged as: , ,

• Pietro Nicoletti November 3, 2011 at 7:36 am

hey nate, dada life ‘s remix for big bad wolf is out…
    Duck Sauce – The Big Bad Wolf (Dada Life Remix)

• Alex November 3, 2011 at 7:37 am

I don’t mean to be a dick or anything. But I’m not sure if this is post worthy… The track isn’t too new, and that particular ‘edit’ is just sped up from the original 108 BPM.

• Nate November 3, 2011 at 7:40 am

That’s what makes this post so funny. All the Moombahton lovers viciously defend the genre, but what do they said when it’s the other way around? “Oh, this sucks, it’s just sped up to 130.”

• Alex December 27, 2011 at 4:18 am

Yeah… but Moombahton is about the sexy latin vibe you get with the beats and that body rocking groove. This thing is just monstrosity. It doesn’t have the sexy Moomba vibe and it’s not a decent electro track. It’s like saying “Baby, I’ll make love to you softly tonight, but I’ll fuck your brains out at 100mph”

• jordan becker November 3, 2011 at 7:53 am

if your major beef with moombahton is the speed (probably my biggest beef as well), what are your thoughts on the 2manydj’s resurrection of late 1980′s belgian new beat. (see: this is belgium part 1). since i love new beat, i’ve been trying to figure out what i actually dislike about moom (i suspect it’s the bro-ness of it, or its american blahstep roots).

• Sanka November 3, 2011 at 9:04 am

there are a few moombahton tracks that end up being edited to 128.
    que que (mahesa ultra remix)
    i dont think i have seen any moombahton lovers dissing 128 edits. moombahton brings back dance instead of fist pumping and jumping to the drops, and jordan have you heard of munchi? no “broness or blahstep”

• Paul November 3, 2011 at 9:05 am

RIP Mitch. I loved that dude.

• Reinier November 3, 2011 at 9:39 am

Heard this on Designer Drugs’ DATAMIX 15 a while back, crazy edit! I still think the original is pretty sexy too.

• Mochub November 3, 2011 at 12:23 pm

You overly simplifying the genre. It’s not just turned down to 108, there are grooves and things added, this song only added some breathe sounds (as far as I can tell). Moomba edits are called edits because they don’t sound well slowed down but they still want them in a mix so they add a little something. I personally hear this edit as way too fast at 128/130 but i also see it the other way sometimes; Sidney Samson – Tomahawk sounds horrible to me at 128 but amazing at 108 (try it!).

• jordan November 3, 2011 at 12:27 pm

i don’t think i meant to imply i hate all moom, but a lot of it is very ill-conceived. munchi is legit on most of his stuff. i do agree with dance > jump/fist. i think that’s why i’m still onto boys noize, tiga, a-trak, busy p, louis la roche… the old crews ya know. groove dj’s with some surprises along the way. ya can’t make a set that’s ALL surprises, because that’s self-defeating. like rusko on fabriclive vs rusko now. rusko+caspa on fabriclive was awesome. ya know

• Fez November 3, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I think the real problem with Moombah is the how it relies on big bass, dirty dutch and dubstep to deliver itself. Moombahtoon is then essentially relegated to slow bassy, dutchy, wobbles. Because of this, the only moombahtoon track I liked is 100% In The Bitch by Porter, and that’s only because of his use of the electro synths, I think if Moombahtoon is to have a future is to get rid of that Moombah-Core nonsense (it’s just slow bass/step etc.) and play it as a variant of electro house, and have wobbles be at most a secondary element of the song. Even better if songs only were moombah for part of the time, like in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfADsp-7a1s

• Ken November 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Wack

• Derek November 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I felt the same way about moombah before this summer, and I’m not preaching just sharing, but after seeing dillon francis live in SF in June, I was hooked. I saw him two more times at Hard Summer LA and then the Mad Decent Block Party. Got to see the other greats as well, Nada, Muchi, some Major Lazer tributes to the genre. For me, the genre captured the feeling of a laid-back, care free summer in LA. Best summer of my life was made when I was standing in the back of the crowd at the block party, sipping a Sierra Nevada and just swaying to the beat… It really is nice to just groove to the music instead of feeling like your going at 110% and jumping up and down

• kubrick 1000 November 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Interesting.
    i love 2manydjs this is belgium. the tracks sound so coolwhen slower. radio soulwax has some real freaky stuff. love it. so many cool samples and instruments tracks.

btw this track, ahm lets just say, it won’t be found in any set of any dj.

i kind of like moomba sound, it has a 90s touch, and easy to dance to. addison groove is the next level.

• Tittsworth & Alvin Risk – Pendejas (JFK Edit) | WE BLAST OUT November 3, 2011 at 11:14 pm

[...] download also via Chemical Jump [...]

• Michael November 4, 2011 at 3:03 am

I kinda loved Moombahton from the first time I heard a friend of mine drop it in a set. He did it along with some Cumbia and it sounded natural and makes you wanna continue dancing. It takes skills to make this music work in a club environment. Mixing it off with other genre’s makes it even more powerful and enjoyable.

• ZachNirich November 4, 2011 at 11:22 am

cool ive been waiting for some new jfk edits

• Serhio November 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hallo Chemicaljump! I from in Ukraine. I often visit your site. I really like your music. And I have prepared a little remix for you…

• erick November 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm

IRONIC!!! your main deal is the slowness, and you continut to posting DUBSTED WHICH MAKES THE PEOPLE GET AWAY FROM THE DANCEFLOOR

FROM A DUBSTEP HATER!

• Dont know November 6, 2011 at 7:32 am

SLOW3D^2

• Razehell November 6, 2011 at 8:36 am

Moom is not to be slower than 90bpm and NO HIGHER THAN 115bpm!!!
    Love JFK and MSTRKFT, hate this version.

• hmmmmm November 6, 2011 at 7:54 pm

“…but my main deal is the slowness of it all. I can’t get into a track that’s so slow it feels like all the energy is being sucked out of me.”

Yet, you post 70bpm dubstep tracks.. not understanding your logic here. And no, they aren’t 140bpm, even if someone has labeled them as such.

• omisco November 14, 2011 at 12:35 am

not trying to take away from afk at all but i did those a while back just posted them up after i tried them out live. But its cool to see the same idea being implied…..i mean it makes sense dave nada just took moombah and slowed it down by 20 bpm. were just speeding up moombahton and moombahcore songs up to make them fast again. =) i personally first did it to make it so i could play my favorite moombahcore songs in my sets without dropping the fast pace