Nov
The Bloody Beetroots – Church Of Noise Posted by: Nate in Electronic

I’ve actually had a hard time coming up with what I feel about this new Bloody Beetroots track. Each new track that Bob puts out feels more and more like “change” from what we’ve all gotten used to, and what I’ve come to realize over the past year is that he would never describe it that way. We all see music as an ever changing machine. Artists change, styles change. I think Bob sees music more as a revolution. A chance to kill off the old and imagine a whole new way of doing things. Doing the same thing would be falling into line with everyone else, revolution is about breaking away from that.

Anyway, about the actual track. Before anyone listens to this song itself you should definitely head over and read the Church Of Noise Manifesto. It’ll help you get a perspective on the track and set your mind free of those previous inclines you held onto. With that said, this is my favorite Bloody Beetroots track in a long time. Viva La Revolution.

The Bloody Beetroots – Church Of Noise (feat. Dennis Lyxzén) (192 kbps)

Out today on Beatport.

• Daniel November 15, 2011 at 8:10 am

Anything that has Dennis from Refused is a win for me, Bob seems a massive fan of them.

• min November 15, 2011 at 8:31 am

the bloody beetroots do it again

• Moitah November 15, 2011 at 8:43 am

But still nothing about that Zingone Remix ?

I bought this one right away (on my iPhone, on 3G, on iTunes) and I like it, bar the voice of the guy.

• janteeboys November 15, 2011 at 8:52 am

nate your words decribed it all! bob’s music speaks to your soul.

• dborgs November 15, 2011 at 10:58 am

I’ve always considered Bloody Beetroot’s sound as “borderline annoying”, in a good way that is, makes you jump around but its just below the threshold of annoyance. Although the backing is a bit more melodic at parts it still has the screaming and borderline annoyance of good ol’ BB

• Glenn November 15, 2011 at 11:45 am

Steve Aoki is not a member of the Church of Noise.

• PBH November 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm

great take on it, nate. very well said.

• Fandeath November 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Best song they’ve come out with in forever.

• Derek November 15, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I didn’t realize BBR had collaborated with Coldplay for this single. Too uplifting for my taste. Bleh! Don’t get me wrong, I love acts like Coldplay, but I don’t want to hear that sound anywhere near the dancefloor. Perhaps the BBR should spend less time on their poetry and more time in the studio making something we can all GROOVE to!

• Pietro Nicoletti November 15, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Amazin track, sir bob is a genius.

• Adam To The Max November 15, 2011 at 6:27 pm

F, i love refused.

• Sean November 15, 2011 at 6:54 pm

SPEAKING OF REVOLUTION.
    fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

• Bracha November 15, 2011 at 10:59 pm

truer words than the manifesto of the church of noise have never been spoken. consider me converted (but i already was anyways).

• Bates November 16, 2011 at 5:04 am

Reading the manifesto as the track starts to play is really something. Amazing track.

• me November 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

Creepy track. Bloody Beetrots died.

• Paul November 16, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Shivers all over my body. Amazing track *_*

• Mxm November 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Love BB. Love Refused. But that song sucks.

• 06468 November 16, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Same beat as always, same song structure, same synth and they even have the same warp background sound just pitched. I don’t see the “Change” in their music. They just have to go back to 07′ BBR in my opinion.

• Deej November 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Personally, I think this is a flop. The vocal sample for me is cheezy…I would of prefered something more subtle, more pensive. I like the insturmental aspect of the song even though the screaming isn’t such my song. The anarchy revolution thing is ok but I don’t think it’s so well done here. The site threw me off the song even more. Been listening to the beetroots for a long long time, but…BLEH..I want to like this I swear. I just can’t the production value is subpar compared to what I’d expect.

• maty November 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm

i love the beetroots but this song sucks. this track isnt showing me anything new, and its pretty boring. i hope they will come out with something amazing soon

• IGGZ November 18, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Revolution? Their music aside, what revolution is happening? I’ve been a massive beetroots fan since it all began really. I’ve always backed them even when they were going away from their electro sound of 07/08. Musically, I like them, and this track isn’t terrible by any means (recycled hoover synth could’ve been left out) but overall it’s not their music I have a problem with, it’s this pseudo-anarchic bullshit that Bob advertises. There is nothing punk about having a Monster label on your tour bus, making a cd for ministry of sound, and generally living a lifestyle contrary to punk. No revolution is happening, and everyone who buys into the whole manifesto is a puppet to Bob’s clever marketing image. I’ll always like their music and how much it’s influenced me over the years, but the fact he’s trying to cover up his days of fluro tees and coloured hoodies and all of a sudden adopting this new-found ideology shows how transparent his image is.

• De Saint November 20, 2011 at 11:41 am

IGGZ, +1000000000000000. I’ll just add, private jet and 5 stars hotel. You said all what i think about the bloody beetroots and Bob rifo. Love their music, but yes, he’s a fuckin pseudo punk

• Jason November 23, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Well i’m glad I won’t have to listen to that ever again.

• HSCT November 24, 2011 at 1:18 am

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. this is beautiful!

• Paradox8 November 26, 2011 at 2:36 am

This is without a doubt one of the best tracks I have heard in a very long time. The music scene has been stale for quite some time now, the thought of dancing has been repulsing me and then this track comes along and it just makes me want to run riot. I’ve never been a big Beetroots fan but wow, they really nailed this track in a big way.

• Club Melbourne Music & Nightclubs Directory – Bringing Music To Melbourne – Home Of Melbourne’s Dj’s & Weekly Events | Club Melbourne Music Mansion December 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm

[...] The Bloody Beetroots – Church Of Noise 2. Congorock – Ivory 3. Mr. Oizo – Douche Beat 4. Avicii – Levels (Cazzette NYC [...]