Jan
Wolfgang Gartner – There And Back Posted by: Nate in Electronic

I almost hate to say it, but this new Wolfgang Gartner track just doesn’t live up to par I’ve come to expect from him. I don’t want to completely hate on it since it feels like he may be experimenting and trying something slight different which is always good. But Having said that, there’s almost no getting past this insanely repetitive melody. It’s like he’s trying to be Avicii and create a big room house track to appease some Avicii fans, which would be fine if he was Avicii, but last time I checked he was still Wolfgang Gartner. He isn’t known for tracks like this and I hope he never is.

Wolfgang Gartner – There And Back (192 kbps)

Pick it up on Beatport today.

• BZZZZZT January 31, 2012 at 8:16 am

I agree completely. Don’t even want to listen to it again. His album was awesome though… hoping this is only some experiment from his part.

• Chudy January 31, 2012 at 8:55 am

True story, this doesn’t sound like a Wolfhang Gartner as we know him.

• charlie jupp. January 31, 2012 at 9:47 am

I dont see whats wrong with it, i mean i completely agree. this is not what you would expect, but its not exactly something bad? Iv heard a lot worse things, and i think this is great!

• Bates January 31, 2012 at 10:40 am

Nothing like Wolfgang Gartner at all. I want his absolutely menacing electro beats back! :/

• Fandeath January 31, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I was disappointed in his album, and this is just as disappointing. I feel like on his album he wanted to be David Guetta with half the tracks. You are right that on this track he wishes he was Avicii (who I don’t even like anyway). I wish he would just be himself!

• zameer January 31, 2012 at 12:37 pm

yeah, pretty fkn whack. that lil riff carries on throughout the whole song and never changes. very repetitive and WG is capable of more

• Ree January 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I actually enjoy the track. Its not his best work but its still very respectable. I dont know if you guys remember this or not, but wolfgang hasnt ALWAYS been creating electro bombs. Conscindo? Yin? Yang? An artist grows by stepping out of his normal realm. Let the man experiment.

• sam January 31, 2012 at 4:06 pm

agree totally . this is not what anyone would expect and its just fufu poodle rave stuff . come on wolfgang, youre so much more than this cookie cutter bulllshit

• Kenneth January 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm

while it is repetitive i feel the synth itself is not outside Wolfgang’s realm. granted i thought he had better work off his last album but have you guys herd some of the work on it? listen to 818 and tell me thats not as repetitive as this. as a guy who started out doing deep house and minimal styles under his other name compared to who he is now i think its safe to say he has tried his hand at experimenting with pop styles, at least in the EDM world that is, so let off. if you dont like it then thats your problem.

• dielan February 1, 2012 at 6:15 am

tracks not bad, kinda boring,
    i can see alot of people really liking this track. so well done in that respect.
    im not gonna drop it in a set tho :P

• Whtvrz_klvr February 1, 2012 at 10:24 am

Let’s not forget the January chart please !!

• Brendan streetstreet February 1, 2012 at 9:28 pm

It’s okay, I think his best work is Latin Fever myself.

• TBA February 2, 2012 at 12:24 am

I completely disagree about what you feel about this song. This track is straight up BEAUTIFUL! Great progressive flow and super fucking smooth! This will pair perfectly with his harder shit in a live show!!! Dope dope dope!

• LeFresh February 2, 2012 at 1:05 am

The track isn’t bad, it doesn’t sound like anything I’ve heard by him before…But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Nothing wrong with trying out new sounds. I do it too.

• ston_ar February 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

Gotta say, first play or two I was not liking it, but it’s started to grow on me a bit. Definitely has more layers to it then I realized the first time through. Hoping he drops it next week when I go see him, see how it plays in a set.

• x February 4, 2012 at 5:19 am

Might not be too bad for 2 minutes on a proper soundsystem if it fits the set, but I cant believe I just sat and listened to the same riff for 6 minutes.

• Andrew February 6, 2012 at 3:45 am

He must have forgot it was looped when he did the render. wamp.

• E.Sparks February 8, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I disagree as well. Wolfgang Gartner doesn’t always stick to his electro side which I think is awesome. I don’t like when artists like Avicii or David Guetta have a distinct sound because their music becomes too repetitive and predictable. Gartner’s Songs like, yin, yang, and even latin fever sound very different. His ability to make a non-electro sounding track and still have it be number 3 (as of right now) on the beatport chart is awesome. Just shows that hes talented in all different areas of EDM.

• Temb February 9, 2012 at 12:48 am

Would be quite the tune if he threw in a signature drop off his :)