Apr
Somebody That I Used To Know (Dumme Jungs Remix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

Yes, besides Levels this year, Somebody That I Used To Know has been somewhat over remixed. Thankfully out of the muck and mire has emerged an extraordinary remix by Dumme Jungs which has already become my new favorite. I used to not like a lot of lyrics in tracks, obviously that’s changed since I absolutely love this remix. It’s the perfect blend of lyrics in the beginning then goes harder than a fat kid at McDonalds. You won’t be disappointed by it.

And if you’ve been hiding under a rock for a while, go check out the Chemical Jump Guest Mix they did a while back.

Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know (Dumme Jungs Remix) (320 kbps)

Tagged as: ,

• Kettenblatt April 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

f### yeah, absolutely great!!!

• Curtis April 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

It built up so well, then just got absolutely ruined by that dubstep drop. That’s unfortunate. It could have been good.

• Thomas April 17, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I liked it. First I felt like “oh no, not another gotye remix”. But this one changed enough. @Curtis: not everything is dubstep. This is absolutly not a dubstep drop but more a old fashioned electro drop.

• Curtis April 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Well it’s definitely in that same vein of “ridiculously obnoxious shit that doesn’t qualify as music”.

• Charles April 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hahaha Curtis, you do realize you look like one of those retards that considers everything in the harder electronic genre as dubstep? I can understand that you don’t like harder electro, and I mean no offence whatsoever, but please don’t categorize this under dubstep, that’s just ignorant.

The drop is solid but not very original, it’s a kind of bass i’ve heard a lot already in the genre. Good remix nonetheless, great build and I really liked the ‘robotic’ vocal they used.

• mAx April 17, 2012 at 9:17 pm

i was not impressed, especially compared to all the others. here’s an example of one:

• B April 18, 2012 at 12:41 am

You think you guys are over this track?! The hype for it had only just started to die down here in Australia after it was released in the middle of last year, then… BAM!! The rest of the world got onto it over the last few months and it’s back again!! hahaha
    All the best to Gotye though, he’s been doing his thing here in Aus for years, he deserves the recognition!

2011-2012 2 most played/remixed tracks together… I actually kinda like it :/

• Whtvrz_Klvr April 18, 2012 at 9:49 am

I really don’t see the point of downloading some mainstream song?

Even if it is a killer remix or whatever..

• ///BONES April 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

Heavy! definitely not bad, just more for the harder hitting DJs and such… personally my fav is the Damaged Goods Remix. BIG….

• josh April 19, 2012 at 2:35 am

Gotye is trash.
    This remix makes him bearable, almost enjoyable.

• George D April 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I can’t stand all of these so heavily electronic remixes of this song. They don’t match with the vocals at all and it sounds like complete shit to me. The ones worth listening to are the Myndset remix and the Rufus edit.

• Spent April 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Knife Party live stream, pretty wild http://www.ukflive.com/live#

• Sam April 21, 2012 at 5:00 am

Pure rape

• Scott April 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

I WILL ALWAYS SAY THIS:

This song was never meant to get hot and sweaty to, its a song to sway and scream your lungs out with all the connection you feel to it, or everyone else you sing it with. I really hate this remix, it takes everything away from the original, absolute garbage.

• Michael April 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Is it me, or are these vocals completely off key with the lead?

• Tea Boild April 24, 2012 at 2:50 am

Hi guys!

What a mess in comments!! :)

I do prefer the “dan aux remix” of this track even if the “drop” (nothin but dub step) is heavy nice (a Ed Banger Drop to my mind)

Well thx to Chemical Jump for his job!

• simmens May 7, 2012 at 11:06 pm

definitly one of the worst remixes i’ve heard for a long time now.
    first of all the song is pretty dead listened.
    second it’s THE classical art of remix = sounds the same as any other pop song remix.

all in all not worth listening to it