Aug
Lollapops. Posted by: Cliff in Acid, Charts, Disco, Dubstep, Electronic, Fucksongs, Giveaways, Guest Mixes, Hip Hop, House, I'll Just Leave This Here, Interviews, Late Bloomers, Mailbag Monday, Mega Post, Mixes, Other, Remix Monday, Rock, Techno, Uncategorized, Video

Funny thing is, none of these people are playing Lolla.  But I’m in Chicago and going and it’s what’s on my mind.  I told you there would be more Aylen to come, so there’s that, new and old.  Also new BeatauCue and likely the only Skrillex track I will ever post.  Proust!

Xristo – My First Kiss (Aylen Remix)

I can’t believe I’m posting a track by someone whose self-appointed moniker is :D Face.  What a schmuck.  This remix slays though and despite it being a — buzz word — Banger, I am into it.  Aylen has some fucking dope sounds.  It’s an old one (meaning two months old, which is like a lifetime, I know) but fuck it—

:D Face – Mad Man (Aylen Remix)

The Others – The Way You Make Me (BeatauCue Remix)

Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang (MSystem Remix)

If you’re gonna be at Lolla, come say what’s up.  Well, you’d have to know what I look like, but this could be the time for you to come to me with your praises, complaints, criticisms, presents— I’ll happily accept something from the fermented sugar department.  Or you could just comment on here and we can set up some sort of meeting.  I’ll be the one wearing the purple dahlia in my boutonnière.

• Hugo August 3, 2012 at 10:46 am

MSystem make skrillex free (Ironically to)

• Son of Flynn August 5, 2012 at 8:29 am

Why so many tags?

• Beat Explorers August 5, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Much prefer the original mix of that ‘The Others’ tune.

• Emil August 6, 2012 at 3:09 am

Weakest post so far. imo.

• Booking.com Promo Code August 6, 2012 at 8:55 pm

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.http://chemicaljump.com is really good.

• Gerlof August 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

Cliff, can you tell us what happened to Nate?

• Cliff August 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Honestly don’t know. Just trying to keep up with things on this end as best I can and as time allows. Not sure what’s happening on his end. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you.

• WTF August 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I bought the “Chemical Jump” shirt a few months ago, and look what is happening to this >>insert curse word here<< site. No offence to Cliff…

• Cliff August 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm

None taken. Clearly the insinuation is that Chemical Jump is now so overloaded with hits, all other music blogs are dwarfed by its superiority. Why would I be offended by that? And the curse word meant to be inserted was obviously “bitchin.”Thanks for the praise, WTF*!!

* – Why, Thanks Friend

• furyo August 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

• john August 13, 2012 at 1:41 pm

You have terrible taste in music. This site is dead. Nate may as well just never come back, it will be hard to pick it up after this shit show

• Cliff August 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

It’s a good thing I don’t depend on the comments forum for my self-esteem. There are such horribly tense, hormonal teens running roughshod with their angsty cyber bullying all over everything in an effort to avoid talking to intimidating potential sexual partners (If you’re not actually a teen, J-Bones, I wouldn’t suggest admitting it). I won’t subject you to anymore shit music, Johnny. You just have to stop following the site or wait it out for Nate’s resurrection. I do however have your personal e-mail now though so, I will spare you the time it would take to winnow out what you deem to be acceptable tunage and personally e-mail you when the new Beetroots and Aoki tracks come out so that you can fervently abuse your lap with a soundtrack befitting a man like yourself, eh John-O?

• john August 16, 2012 at 11:52 am

wow! such creativity with the nicknames there Clifford. I’m just telling it how it is. No need for passive aggressive bitchy-ness. Thanks for assuming me a sexually frustrated teen. Very mature of you. Beetroots and Aoki? come on man give me a little credit here, seems more like something you would enjoy. You shouldn’t take it so personally when people criticize your posts here on chemical jump. You know what they say, the customer always knows best ;) So calm down there Cliff-o

But sure send me an email anyway, thanks

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Love love love that you called me Cliff-O! It wasn’t really a matter of creativity. More just runoff from a book I’m reading that was in my mind— Trust me, I’m not taking any of it personally. Really. I’d have killed myself by now if I was. Please know that this is a safe environment for you to vent or express your anger or frustrations without the fear of judgment be it that you’re a sexually frustrated teen or no. I’m certainly no authority. Don’t worry if you like Aoki and the Beetroots. The Beetroots used to be fucking killer. Remember Butter? So dope. Aoki was never good and never will be. He’d be better off just taking the reins of Benihana. He’s essentially Skerrit Bwoy from Major Lazer for the Beetroots and taken a step further so that people think now that he’s a producer. What? You mean those shitty sounds he’s making while the whole time he jumps and waves his arms and does all he can to distract you visually from what he’s ostensibly being paid for? It won’t be long ’til his dick comes out on stage, just you wait. Can we keep this back and forth going? Have you really gleaned from all my prior posts that I am an Aoki fan? Weird.

• Jason August 14, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I would honestly rather that you would stop posting than have you continue with this horrible shit you are posting now. Just being honest

• Cliff August 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Really? What are you, an investor? Why are you concerned with the posterity of a site you can simply stop typing into the url box and have it disappear forever? Jason, Jay-Bird, I’m trying here, man. What can I do to keep your business?

Regards,

Unofficial Vice President and Interim CEO,

Clifford R. Jurgensen III

• jason August 16, 2012 at 11:57 am

Yes i’m an investor Cliffy boy. I’m concerned because this site USED to be AWESOME. And your taste in music is bad! What are you a radio DJ for the EDGE? (it’s a shit radio station in Toronto) The stuff you are posting is like shit my 15 year old “DJ” cousin plays in his room while “spinning phat beats” to his teen bop girlfriends. You are so sarcastic! gotta love it

Sincerely,

Concerned Investor

Jason Stormwind Hellbeard

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I honestly am enjoying writing for this blog more than ever before in the last couple days sans all sarcasm. I’d rather chat with people about what they want to hear than you have it all be fucking guesswork. Ha! I’m glad you’re a concerned investor. I don’t think any of the stuff I have posted is even close to radio-play top 40 type shit— Not sure what radio station you listen to, but if that’s really the stuff that’s on there you might have much better radio stations that I’m privileged to. Or your 15yr old— nephew? Son was it? Ferret?— might just have incredible track selection. I’m just posting all over the place as responses to some of the stuff I posted earlier didn’t seem to be the direction people wanted me to go so, I’ve been feeling it out. More soon.

Increasingly tense Commander in Chief,

Clifford Ray Jurgensen III

• jason August 16, 2012 at 11:59 am

but eh,
      maybe some deep house

• jason August 19, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Why aren’t you sure? I wrote down exactly what radio station I was referring too. It’s called the EDGE and it sucks. I sure do wish I had a son. I’m totally ready for that sort of commitment in my life right now. Just gotta wait for the right lady to come a long. Never had a ferret, they scratch too much. But yeah I’m gonna listen to the new songs you posted. Fingers crossed!

Optimisticly,

Jason Crimson Thornblood

• Cliff August 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm

A missive to all continuing to follow the blog:

I was brought on board the blog to add a little variety to what was then being regularly posted music. That music has since, for one reason or another, TEMPORARILY, ceased. I am trying to fulfill the musical appetites of each of you though, while not posting anything that I find to be just completely repellent. So, I’m opening up the forum to requests as far as genres go. You want more disco? Some of you— yes. A lot of you— no. Heavy shit? House? French House? French Fry House? Electro-robotic-whitenoise? Give me some suggestions and I’ll get on it. I’ll also keep up the communication since I an thoroughly enjoying it without a tincture of irony. Really. Cheers.

• DoomINC! August 14, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I would first like to state Cliff, I’m really glad you keep a pretty level head when it comes to the hate. With that said what has kept me coming to this site for what seems like three years now has been Nate’s tastes in dance floor bangers. He kept the site up to date with many of the up and coming and many already cemented in the the electro/tech/french house scene. I have found and fell in love with many artist such as Designer Drugs, Jack Beats, Louis la Roche, Adulture, Ado, NT89 through this blog…the list goes on. To maybe answer your question maybe a bit more directly I don’t think you have to look a a particular genre of music but look out for all the “bangers” that are coming out by either artist that are currently in the lime light or looking at up and comers that have been in the scene for a while but are starting to gain a bit more momentum ie Gesaffelstein. Since the disappearance of Nate and having a large part of my EDM coming from this blog, I have continued to sculpt the heavy bass sound and have been looking at music being released by record labels such as Turbo, Trouble & Bass, Ed Banger, Zone, OWSLA ect…

• Rob August 15, 2012 at 7:38 am

Hello, followed this blog for a very long time now and much like everyone else I have been disappointed in the lack of activity as of recent.

I pretty much agree with everything that DoomINC! has said though. Cliff, you’re handling the situation well, however I’d still like to see you posting more! I’m really enjoying the tracks you post, it’s nice to see a bit of variety in a blog – I just want to see more of it. I’ll happily wait out ’til Nate returns (if at all) because like most of the people that follow this blog I learn about most of the up and coming “bangers” etc. from here. If there’s one or two artists you need to post about, it’s Gesaffelstein and Dogs Blood. The latter is a collaboration between Boys Noize and Skrillex! Who’d have thought that!?

That’s all I have to say really. I just want to see more posts. :D

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 10:31 am

Okay, going to respond to people one at a time now: Noted. I’m taking a closer look at these people because I know that you guys want this stuff. I admittedly have glazed over most of these guys in the past because it’s not what I’m into. Then I went to a music festival and got drunk and had fun watching Porter Robinson and NERO because we’re all such fucking slaves to anything with a kick drum when we’re in a crowd and drunk. So, I can understand the appeal to some extend anyway. I really am looking more into the genre and area of music now and will have a new post up soon hopefully with a bunch of shit to please, well, I won’t say everyone.

Always looking at Ed Banger. I love Pedro and trust his taste in music. His deejay sets piss some people off because he plays all kinds of wild shit — When he opened for Justice in Vegas, his set started with the Jackass theme song and ended with Johnny Cash and there was fucking everything in between — but I fucking love that he does that. I don’t want to hear one droning note. On that note, keep an eye out. I’m like doing my homework for you and school hasn’t even started for me yet.

• niqqy August 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm

hey cliff,

i prefer electro house w/ trash sound ie r3hab, justrock, lazy rich, porter robinson far too loud, feedback, wanc[2 free tracks available]. the problem is the DJ/producers are changing style of music & us old folks still want the old stuff for free. i would love to buy the music but i hate beatport & their upgrading software issues ie more spyware?

plus now being forced to like on facebook to download is said.

ps: post mixtape of beataucue from soundcloud. thx.

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 10:42 am

The Facefuck liking thing is kind of a bummer. I haven’t had a facebook account in awhile and was having to continually reactivate and deactivate my account within a minute just to like and download a track. Then I realized how moronic and stubborn of me to be doing that. Like I’m making some big fucking point not having a facebook. So I just left it activated and don’t use it for anything but downloading. And it’s hard to complain that artists are giving out their music for free, but only if I click on this annoying button that if it takes two seconds you’re going very very slow even for someone with CP. That said, I’m back to finding music for y’all. (That is the first time I have ever in my life said or typed y’all.)

• Hugo August 15, 2012 at 2:33 pm

What about some tech or deep sound ? and more free promotional use track ! ^^ (and if you can put the kbs)

there are all the new aoki and bloody on Serato whitelabel for free but no discolicious track so keep goin !
    (sorry for the french speeker english)

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 10:50 am

I guess I’m not exactly sure what all the nuances genre names signify. Tech? Deep House? I mean, I kind of get it, but shit do we really need to keep breaking it down into smaller sub-categories of sub-categories in order to properly identify the style of music each person is making without anyone getting their feelings hurt? Okay, okay, I’ll look into it.

As far as promotional tracks go— I don’t have access to promotional stuff like that. I fucking wish. It would be super dope if labels sent me shit to post here. Then you’d all get the freshest shit and I’d have less work to do.

The kbs: good point. I don’t ever do that. Almost everything I’ve posted from SoundCloud with the exception of the Nick Hook track has been 320. Most artists are pretty good about hooking it up quality wise and if I can’t find a 320 version or better of something — lately I’ve been all about .flac for some stupid reason (I don’t even have a system that allows me to hear that difference.) — I usually do all I can to find one.

Okay, I guess I’ll just go ahead and promise a post by tonight/tomorrow at the latest. Okay?

Don’t worry about the English. Your English is cinquante times better than my French and I understand what you’re talking about.

• Hugo August 16, 2012 at 4:44 pm

No no you are right, i don’t believe in sub category to (i mean, chemical brothers are making chemical brother stuff and not electronica) but because of my lack in english i don’t wanted to be more precise, cause the few stuff i learn is by looking at por.. ahem going to school, and its been a while since i don’t practice.

By “deep” and “tech” i mean some track who change from 128 bpm locked saturated electro banger stuff (other than disco track), with different synth, more minimaliste but essentiel structure with deep sound, psychedelic bass ect (nate where doing a good jobs but always the same style, variety is the shit ; even in a “banger, progressive and dirty dutch only party” a disco track between two Dada life or aoki special push button pause is appreciated) ; I found a good post who descriebed pretty much what i mean, a pretty good music selection : http://chemicaljump.com/2009/09/14/kill-frenzy-the-year-4000/
        (Ciquente time better ? i’ll notice this on my futur resumes)

• Nick August 16, 2012 at 12:19 am

Cliff, i have to give it to you for putting up with all the hate the way you have…i would have left this sinking ship a long time ago. I at least appreciate what youve been doing in Nate’s absence.

With that said, its impossible for me to be angry at you or Nate. You guys are providing a (free) database of music to fans from all over and dont request anything in return.

I guess my biggest issue with the site is Nate’s sudden disappearance. He made this site what it is and without him I see it failing…fast.

If we take a look back, the last “Monthly Roundup” chart was for MARCH..almost 5 months ago. Exactly 135 days. Then lets take the number of posts in that time span………..29

This comes out to about 1 post every 4 and half days.

While I dont expect this blog to churn out 30 posts in a day like Dancing Astronaut, I do expect at least a post a day..i believe anyone, following any blog, of any variety expects the same or close.

I really dont know why i care this much about a random music blog…but i guess its a bit nostalgic. Been following for years and im bummed that its basically over…(sigh)

oh..and one last thing. While counting up the recent posts i came across this message from Nate on May 27th:
    “I’m back y’all! Promise I won’t leave you guys hangin’ like that again. Expect regular posts from me from here on out.”

HAHAHA we were duped…

• Cliff August 16, 2012 at 10:59 am

It’s probably accurate to assume that some of the regularly scheduled posts like the “Monthly Roundup” and the excuse to post a picture of a naked girl “I’ll Just Leave This Here”s will stop until Nate comes back.

For me, starting to write for ChemJump was kind of like being hired as an unpaid intern and then having the President’s responsibilities thrust upon me. But, I only applied to work part-time, you see. So, I’ll try to make time for more regular posts especially because there is some interest in the blog from people still. Also, while I’m saying that, if you follow me on Twitter (YancyCats) I’ll start notifying when posts are out and new since I don’t have access to the ChemJump Twitter account. Or you can just keep checking in. It really doesn’t matter.

Hahaha I love that you did the math on that. Did you find the ratio of my posts to Nate’s in the time since I’ve started? I might be interested to see that stat…

Don’t say it’s over, man. Come on. It’s just in an iron lung for the moment and it could use a couple people coming in for visiting hours to help give it strength and moral support. Flowers if you deem it necessary.

Yeah, I don’t know what to say about that last post—

I know Nate’s busy with his other job (where I also used to work) and shit is a little hectic over there. Surely, he’ll make a triumphant return and you can all rejoice the revenant!

• Nick August 16, 2012 at 11:44 am

Thanks for the reply, and yeah i can definitely relate on shit getting hectic.

Ill keep coming back for sure, just maybe not everyday now haha

• Jonathon Dininno August 19, 2012 at 2:37 pm

When should I expect my first letter?

• eddieb. August 20, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hey Cliff,

Sorry for all the hate you seem to be getting as of late. Although this may not have been my favorite post of yours during this summer, I have to say that in general I am not at all disappointed in what has been posted lately. I don’t consider myself in anyway a music snob and am very open to hearing some new stuff and can’t the attitude of some of these close minded people posting above. I understand that this site has built up a certain audience with very specific tastes so I’m not at all surprised by the hostile reactions to your change in style. So although I loved the bangers that Nate would post, I also love the groovy nudisco vibe you’ve been bringing in some of the previous posts. Anyway keep doing what your doing, you can never expect to please everyone, so just keeping posting what makes you happy (but keep it funky!), haters gon hate!