Apr
TAI – Indian Kill (Original Mix) Posted by: Nate in Electronic

TAI just released his latest EP today. I feel like the title and the sound might rub some people the wrong way, because let’s face it, this is the internet. If you can offend someone with a picture of a cat, you can certainly offend them with this track. Honestly though I couldn’t care less because it’s a great track. The first time I heard it I started to laugh, but after a couple more times it really started to grow on me. And for some strange reason it reminds me a bit of Pon De Floor without all the rhythmic change.

The other track on the EP, The Thrill, is actually quite good as well. So you should really pick this whole thing up.

TAI – Indian Kill (Original Mix) (192 kbps)

Go pick up the 320 on Beatport.

• manny April 30, 2013 at 9:08 am

reminds me more of Anger Dimas – Beat Down

• Bryan G C April 30, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Love this type of song, it goes to the opposite direction of the common and boring EDM we have today.

But I’m a grammar nazi, so: you couldn’t care less. If you can care less, you do care, even if just a little bit.

• streetstreet April 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Man even the song is offensive but The Thrill is good. I am Native by the by.

• Carissa Copenace May 1, 2013 at 11:53 am

This album art is extremely offensive. As an Anishinaabe woman I feel threatened by this blatant racism towards Native American people. Before you say I’m just making a fuss because I’m an “Indian” think about how others would feel if it was a person wearing a headscarf, or styled after another culture. It is never ok to Kill anyone because of their ethnicity and you should be ashamed of this!

• streetstreet May 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Did you listen to the song? IT’s terrible and offensive but more offensive in that its terrible.

I bought The Thrill though, cause shits not free.

• Ind.Solid. May 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm

YES IT’S SUPER RACIST AND OFFENSIVE. WAKE UP. TAI issued an official apology. https://www.facebook.com/therealtai/posts/10151909350752598

I fully apologize for the artwork, title, and sounds included in my recently released “Indian Kill” EP and take complete responsibility for any offense it may have caused. I currently have the release being removed from all sites.

Having been born in London and raised in Thailand, I was raised with a strong respect and affinity for all cultures. But being from the Eastern Hemisphere, I was unfortunately not fully versed in the negative connotations that my EP’s content would have, and I am truly sorry for any offense I have caused. I know that my ignorance of these matters cannot be used as an excuse in any way, but I want to make it clear that I in no way intended for the EP to be offensive or to stir controversy, etc. Those who know me personally know that I am anything but a racist, and I now understand fully that the track and artwork were poor choices to represent my artistic direction.

Although the EP is currently in the process of being removed, any and all proceeds from the sales that have occurred thus far will be donated in full to the Native American Heritage Association.

Once again I apologize deeply for any offense that I have caused.

TAI

• DSCO May 4, 2013 at 2:24 am

Shittiest track I’ve ever heard.

• ヴィクトリアウェア September 22, 2013 at 3:07 am

靴 ブーツ ヴィクトリアウェア http://www.longchampemotionjp.info/

• Jack December 18, 2013 at 10:05 pm

The start of the song was really good I recon the drop ruined the song. I also started laugh at the song the first time I heard it because it was really weird